Info on Lake Fork

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jagdoctor1, Feb 21, 2009.

1. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Hello all. I live in CA. I have a female ex that is now living in TX and started frequenting Lake Fork. She says it holds good records for Bass and Cats. I was hoping the brothers could give me some pointers about the lake, to share with her. She's no pro but she generally has lady luck in her pocket.

2. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Aww come on guys.. someone has to do some fishing over there. Help me out.

3. kodys'papa

kodys'papa New Member

State:
    texas
    it is an awesome bass lake but fork mainly holds channel cats
    there are several good lakes near fork for catfising- Tawakoni is only 20 miles away

4. sarg

sarg New Member

State:
    Texas
    Lake Fork is a great bass/crappie lake. And the catfishing is great, and over look by most.
    Bait rod/reel SHAD
    Bait Jugs / SHAR, LARGE SHINER, ZOTE SOAP I find zote saop at supper one in Tyler tx.
    Mix up a 5 gallon bucket of mash fill bucket 1/2 full of milo, add 2 cans of beer, 1 cup sugar then fill bucket up to the top of the milo Let this mixer set for 3 day (you can add any number of other items ) get a cheep blinder from walmart. blend chicken livers,worms,shad. perch after the milo has set for three day add other bait. snap lid on and let set 3 week in the sun. Then when you get to the lake find 3-4 spot and bait the hole with small coffeecan. after you bait yoour last hole go back and start fishing, with cut bait, worms, livers.

A note Martin creek state park. set out jug line with cut bait around the railroad bridge. after jug or out drift fish using worms, liver, small cut bait.

all my big blues have come on jug line 12 lb and channel cat on ror/reel 4-5 lb class

sarg

sarg576@yahoo.com

5. sarg

sarg New Member

State:
    Texas
    forgot to tell you that when yhou fis up your milo fill the bucket just to the top of the milo

sarg

6. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Thank you so much brothers! You have helped me out and I appreciate it. I copy pasted it all to her knowing I have questions galore coming. I am fine with that... I am proud to show that my brotherhood from Texas was there for me!!!!!!!! I believe in this website and I thank you!