Info on kill creek park

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by countryboy32c, Aug 25, 2009.

1. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    Anyone got info on kill creek paqrk thinkin bout takin my boat out there this weekend. Like motor size boat size licenses so on and so forth.

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS

3. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    No gas motors, electric only. Like Shelby said, JoCo Park & Rec permit required. You'll need JoCo boat and fishing permit.
    It probably has a closing time of 10pm....but I'm not positive.

4. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    any clue on what those permits cost?

5. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    johnson county resident: fishing $9.00 boating $16.00 fishing boating and trout $38.00 non-resident: fishing $17.00 fishing and boating $44.00 fishing boating and trout $57.00. Nice little lake though I haven't fished it recently{this year}. Electric motors only lake closes at 11:00.Boats off the lake by 10:00.If you have a small enough boat you can pass under the little concrete bridge/tunnel and fish in the marsh area it's only about 5 or 6 feet deep but when there is some inflow it can be a good place to catch some channels. It is a good place for bluegills and bass too.The whole marsh area is about 5 acres.I did catch some nice channels around the feeder in the timber but that was right after they opened the lake.You could try drifting nighcrawlers across the main lake with just a couple of split shot and a small hook. You might catch some big redear sunfish or walleye too.I caught a whole bunch of walleye but not a single one was legal 18". Good Luck

6. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    No gas motors. Boats out by 10pm. And u have to have a joco fishing and kansas fish permit and boat registered and joco boat permit.

Very small lake. I would recomend going to douglas county lake. Small but no extra fees everywhere.

I live in desoto which is right next to it. Very nice park. Safe too.

7. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    I went there today after work for a few hours, didnt catch a dang thing but a gill smaller than the palm of my hand!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Some guy was fly fishing and caught a 12 inch largemouth... we were opposite side from the dam. I hear all the time its great fishing there. Im gonna try to use my boat there this weekend if I dont end up going to rock creek in clinton lake again.

PM me is anyone wants to meet up in killcreek sometime! :big_smile: