info on gatherings please

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by los, May 6, 2009.

1. los

los New Member

State:
    Mt. vernon, IN
    I have been seeing things about gatherings and just wanted to know a little more about them. Are there any close to Mt.Vernon IN and what all goes on at a gathering. any thing will help Thanks

2. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Carlos, first, if I haven't said it before, welcome to the BOC. Second, although I haven't been to one, the gatherings are just a bunch of BOC brothers (and sisters) getting together, shooting the bull, doing a lot of fishing, & having a great time. You should try to make one...I should try to make one!:smile2:

3. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    A Gathering is more then Just a local meet and greet.. You do meet new friends and run into a few old ones, you create your own contest amongst yourselves and have one hell of a time shootin the bull, and if you decide on a big dinner, ( well thats my favorite part ) you can have some really down home food.. And when its all said and done and you get home and your wishing you were still on that bank or boat with your new friends, just simply log back on to good ol Catfish1.com and there they are. And I promise you they will be there everyday till you meet up with them again to welcome the next group of new guys and it just cycles thru over and over from there but you always will remember the first one.. But us Indiana members are rowdy!!!:wink::smile2:

4. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Just sucks getting flooded out this weekend.Was looking forward to meeting everyone.

5. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah, I didnt even realize it was set for mothers day weekend.. Im sure that put a damper on things also

6. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Its like a family reunion...except with more beer and fishing.

7. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It's ok folks there is still the river scum retreat in june looking forward to that:smile2:

8. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    your not old enough for beer, are ya?

9. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    we will be having another gathering in henderson ky in few months ... i will let you know when the date is set and all you guys up north are welcome to this one to... lots of big fish water and a really nice camp ground.. because of the interstate all the way it is actually the same drive time as rocky point for all you guys on the north eastern side of the state...

10. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I guess I will be heading further west.

11. los

los New Member

State:
    Mt. vernon, IN
    thanks guys for the info hope to make it.

12. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    brian i just noticed you were from greenville... thats not the greenville over by floyd knobs is it???

13. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    henderson is a stright shot! I will try and make that one too

14. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Old enough? I'll drink you under the table man...lol :cool2:

15. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    lmao careful what you bite off there Ben. :0a30:

16. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    :wink:
    Are you kidding me.. Immune to the effects of aclchol.. Not that Im proud of it and I dont drink very much at all anymore. But Lets get each other a 5th of Bacardi 151 and a gallon of fruit punch apeice and see who's out first!!!:wink:

17. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    :eek:oooh::eek:oooh: i want in on this game too! lol.. nah ill stick with beer.. i know that well be on a river, at the river scum social event, and it pretty much gives you the direction of travel, but dont wanna get lost! :smile2:

18. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man O man... I can tell already- you guys'll be drunk, bangin' around in the boats, fallin' in the water... you'll scare the crap outta every fish in the river for miles:roll_eyes:

19. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ohhhhhhhhhhh I definitely want in on this one give me a 5th of 151 and oj or just a quart of shine:wink::smile2:

20. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'll save the drinking for the shore...

And personally I'm a tequila kinda guy if I'm going on a bender...