info on 797

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by russ, Mar 10, 2008.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i bought a new 797 with all the maps , but im having trouble with the side scan. its so dark i cant see what is on the screen. dosent matter if its on full screen or split screen. ive tryed every thing but i cant seem to get the si to lighten up. any ideas.?

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Go into the si menu and change the color. There is Blue (standard), Brown and Green. Maybe something else.

The default color is definately hard to see in the daylight!

3. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    ok il try that thanks darryl

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    The full color pallette is Inverse, Gray, Brown, Blue, Green for the si display.

5. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    thanks darryl, i had a few hrs. today, so i took my boat over to a little lake near here, the lake is so small you cant run your motor, just trolling motor. its only about ten feet deep. but is full of crappie & bass & channels. i tried what you said to do with my 797 , it worked very well. i had a few guys ask me to find them some fish out there, there is a lot of cover in this lake. i did find alot of fish around a few logs & put them on them. thanks for the info. darryl that thing was driveing me nutts . i turned it to gray from blue & turned up the chart speed and everything was clear. thank you very very much.