Info needed....

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by GoFish_Tony, Apr 20, 2007.

1. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    I just picked up a Jon boat with (2) Mercury Outboards. Unfortunatly they did NOT come with any of the Owners Manuals.

Question: What is the correct fuel/oil mixture that I should be running with these engines?

Question: These both have electric start. Is that an option or was that standard for these models.

---------------------------
    Horse Power: 9.9M
    Year: 2000
    Serial Number: 0T077952
    Model Number: 1010201WD
    Horse Power: 25M
    Year: 2000
    Serial Number: 0T215194
    Model Number: 1025201YD

I bought these from a woman whose husband had passed away and had used these VERY little (less then a handful of times). They had been sitting for a while stored covered and inside. I put a little gas in the tank and they both fired right off.

Question: There is a possibility that these engines were never even broke in. Is there a procedure for doing this?

I am hoping for a quick answer here because I would like to get this boat in the water this weekend.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Tony
    _

2. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Tony, there is some VERY important info about those motors that we'll be glad to pass on AFTER the fish-off :eek:oooh: :lol: LOL

3. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Gee brother.... aint you kind. Just for that I think I will mail you off a tin full of chocolate brownies just for YOU (don't share them with no one.)
    :oops: :bad_smelly: :tire:

{{{ HUGS & KISSES}}} from Team "Rod Busters!"

LOL
    _

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the only thing i can help you with is, i was told when i bought my merc. new was to only run it at 1/4 speed for the first 10 hours.. then never run it full boar for long periods, i take it they are 2 strokes, im not sure on the mixtures. mine is a self mixing motor.

5. FlusherX

FlusherX New Member

State:
    Indiana
    my small evanrude uses 5 oz oil to each gallon of gas and I think that is pretty standard but make sure

6. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Tony, run a 25:1 mix for break in. Usually one tank would be enough for the 9.9, possibly two tanks for the 25. You might want to change out the plugs afterwards, maybe not. See how they run.

For break in proceedure, don't run wide open for the first few hrs of break in, and vary your running rpms from slow to upper mid range for a few mins at a time. Exceeding that shouldn't hurt the engine, just stay out of the high rpms for awhile yet, just to be sure.

7. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I would recommend www.seloconline.com you can access the manuals wherever there is internet. Its only $30 for three years and they update regularly. I got the subscription for my outboard and it has been a great investment.