Info. needed....

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Stumpknocker2, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Hello everyone, my name is Glenn and new to the site. Need to know kind of rods, bait, hooks, lb. test line. I have caught cats before, but now have boat and want the biguns. Best time to fish (of year), and morning or night, water temp. And anything that might be helpful that I may have left out. I am glad to be a part of the site. I will be at the Wewa tourny next month, hopefully.

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    welcome to the boc glen , theres alot of info here you set back and browse all you like . you can read all the catfish info you need in the state you live in or check out the lbrary for good ideas on catfishing equipment gear bait etc. good luck hope you enjoy this site i do

3. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Welcome to the BOC, Glenn. The best advice I can give is to go to the library and you'll find all the information you're looking for in there and good fishing to you.

4. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Glenn!!

5. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Welcome Glen , look thru the library , find the type of fishing you will be doing , I 'm sure you'll find the info you need.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Glenn! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! Nice seeing you in chat, come again soon. :smile2:

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    welcome glen. hey catgirl just curious who got all those gold coins for getting your pic. up?

8. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    welcome glen stick around you will get a wealth of fishing knowledge.good luck

9. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    Welcome to the boc glen, I live in florida what part of florida are you in. I,m in Dunnellon thats 25 miles west of ocala on 484. I,m going to wewa next month might see you there.

10. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    You need to give more details, like species of catfish and lake or river you fish the most. Also read the old posts, there's a ton of info in them. And welcome to the BOC, the best and friendliest site you will find. grizzly

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Welcome aboard. Like the others have said the library and post are full of the info you are looking for, so good luck.

12. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Abu 6500
    30 lbs. test
    medium action Boss rod
    6/0 Gamakatsu octopus J hook

13. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I know I put up 500 coins and was happy to give them catgirl for puuting her avatar up.

14. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Hiya Glen! The $ky is the limit when it comes to gear. From lil Zebco's up to Abu/Garcia, and everything in between. Welcome to the BOC!

15. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Welcome bro,lots of info in the library.Ya dont have to spend a fortune to catfish.I started with what I could afford and years later I own some good quaulity stuff now.I have passed my some of my early equipment to younger catfisherman to get em started

16. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    IMO uglystick tiger rods

spinning reels w/ bait feeders/ clickers

or baitcasters abu garcia or penn

hooks gamagatsu

17. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    spring, summer, and fall.... the best time is the night time man..........

18. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Thanks for all the good info. I went today and got a few things. I already had some of what everyone said, but I wanted to try out some circles, also got some of Rusty's shad from Wally World. I have Penn and Abu Garcia, plus a large spinning reel, also a closed face cat combo from wally world, it is what I caught my 20+ on. Anyway, thanks again.

19. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Welcome aboard!!!

Wewa, please almighty God tell you are not talking about Wewahitchika Florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife's father lives there.

Tell me it ain't so.

20. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC