Info needed on Lake Grapevine catfish

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by txcats, Jun 4, 2007.

1. txcats

txcats New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have just started fishing Lake Grapevine for cats. So far I have not had much luck. Could anyone out there give me some pointers, or should I just stay with fishing Lewisville?

Thanks for the help

2. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    First of all I cat my bait by the Dam where the bubbles are coming up. Then I set jug lines around the dam and twards the marina close to the big tires in the water. I catch more around about 50 feet from the tires.
    Hope this will help you

3. txcats

txcats New Member

State:
    Texas
    thanks so much for the info. I will let you know how things work out for me.

4. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    for bigger blues your best bet would be lewisville. Personally i perfer grapevine over lewisville i do alot of fishing out of murrell park in flowermound on the north side of the lake. Mainly i fish fishing trail #7 which is a pretty good size cove most of the catfish ive caught on lake grapevine have came out of that cove. biggest being 11 pounds. early in the morning theres uselly a school of sandbass surfaceing chaseing the shad. also another good spot is what the locals call the cliffs which is named for a reason when you enter the park stay on the main road head towards little petes cliffs are to your left i do good there in winter.

park info
    http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/lewisville/murrell.htm

another good park is rockledge park in grapevine over by the dam. when the channel cats are spawning they stack up along the dam and love fresh liver. another spot worth tryin stay on the main road going in to the park which dead ends at the bike trail. park there and fish up and down the shore line done good there with cutbait no monsters though.

park info
    http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/lewisville/rockledge.htm

5. txcats

txcats New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have been going to Twin Coves, which is on the North side of the lake. I have not been doing too bad, just would like to catch more fish with a little more size to them. Has anyone had any luck in this area?

I am using Danny King, and sometimes I am even catching them on shrimp. My cast net was stolen, so I have not been able to use shad for a couple of weekends now.

6. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    never fished twin coves but its just across the cove from murrell park that danny kings should work back in the the cove off fishing trail #7 ive been catching them off my dads stink bait recipe back in the shallows where the water is comeing in

7. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
  8. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    thats a nice bunch of catfish. way to go. I'm going to richland chambers thur, fri sat. and leaving sunday. we're caming at fishermans point. going to try to pull my 27 foot travel trailer and my 26 foot galaxy boat with my 3/4 ton crew cab ford truck. what a train!!!