info abu garcia 7000i or 7000c3?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by varmint_sniper, Apr 23, 2009.

1. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    whats ur oppion should i get the abu garcia 7000i or the 7000c3? pls tell me why 1 over the other iam fishing lake flatties but wanna river fish this yr and like the feel of the 7000s friend has 1 and i tryed it but he wont let me keep it lol thax..will

2. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    I bought a 7000c3i and I absolutely love it! It is the best reel that I have, also the most expensive. I fish the Ohio and throw 5 to 10oz. I've got mine mounted on a Surge Elite 7'10" M/H rod. I plan to get more.

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    before the crash there was the older model 7000 that a member had for sale for $65 witch would be a great deal if it hadnt sold and he relisted it because i didnt find the post for it. as for getting a new one i havent tried either of those going by the stats your getting two? more bearings and the better carbon matrix drag with the c3i over the 7000i for a big price difference $50 your call. by the time youd wear out the fiber washers in a 7000i the carbonfiber replacements ought to be avilable cheep.

4. Bluerider

Bluerider New Member

State:
    Bethalto, IL
    7000i bushing + 1 instant anti-reverse roller bearing, carbon matrix drag.

7000c3i 2 shielded stainless bearings + 1 instant anti-reverse roller bearing, carbon matrix drag, and 6 pin centrifugal brake.

Both models have synchronized level wind, 4.1:1 gear ratios and hold 325 yds of 17#

I fish 7000c3i's and 7000ics's and love them.
    Have never used the 7000i, but have never owned an Ambassadeur that I didn't like.
    The only ones I have ever parted with were stolen from me.

If the extra money for the c3i or ics is an issue I'm sure you would be satisfied with the 7000i

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well shoot shane's right the 7000i is said to have the carbon matrix drag. wonder were i read it didnt well i change my vote from undecided Id definatly go with the 7000i

6. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    thax for the info guys when i get the $ saved ill let ya know what i picked and how it dose

7. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I like my 7001i's. Smooth and reliable. I would pick one of them up and if you really want a few extra bearings then you can always upgrade your reel down the road.

8. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anybody have trouble with thier 7000i clickers... Two of mine quit working.
    bought them new mid summer last summer and today I broke them out for the first time this season and the dang clickers don't work on EITHER of them. I hope this ain't common because I just bought two more 7000i's just yesterday and spooled them with 80lb. braid.... wishing I would've just bought more penn's now... Chinese JUNK.:angry:

9. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I,m glad I still have my old swedish made 7000,s . I,ll give them an extra clean & lube now!

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    take the side off and have a peek shouldnt be that mutch wrong spring pop off gunk ect.

11. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks Brandon... You know, I shouldnt have to do that though- It's only been used maybe 20 times- probably less.

12. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Both reels work great. They both will pull in a giant fish.