Info about where to fish in Illinois

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by bluecatnut, Mar 17, 2006.

1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    as most of yall know i am moving back next week and i haven't really fished their in the past 6yrs and i was wondering if y'all could tell me where would be some good places to look for some biggen any help would be great

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    What part of Ill. are you moving to Dusty??? We need more than just the state, it is kinda big, LOL!!!

3. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Think Freeburg is like south of STL isnt it?

Should be able to hit Carlyle, Rend, Alton for a few places I hear holds some nice ones..

4. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    yes it is i know baldwin lake is a good place but my little boat won't do well at all .

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    How bigs your boat... I f it won't work on Baldwin then its probably too small for Rend and Carlysle and the river..

6. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    14 ft deep v with a 20hp on back

7. catfishermanj

catfishermanj New Member

State:
    Illinois - McHenry
    I wish I could help you out on places to fish but you're gong to be at the other end of the state. I would imagine that your boat would be good on the lakes. I have been on some in bad conditions in a smaller boat with less motor. One time was really bad. We were in a 12' john with a 5 horse and ran out of gas so we were using the trolling motor. A bad storm came up and the tornado sirens were going off, we were in 4' waves. I remember grabbing the orrs to help us get to the other side, since we still had to cross the entire lake. What we ended up doing was riding the shore incase we flipped we wouldn't have been in water over our heads. We made it back safe. Now I do not recommend going out in those conditions but if something comes up when you are out, be safe and smart about how you get back.

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    semper fi bro.. your boat should work on most any lake or river.. just use common sense...:crying:

9. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    Harold like they always said in the corps common sense is not to common but i have enough g-2 not to do anything dangerous

10. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    You might want to try Coffeen lake North of Greenville. The lake has a 25 hp. limit. You could also fish Washington county lake, but it has a 10 hp. limit. I fish Baldwin quite a bit, if you would like to go some time give me a shout.

11. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    Nashville has a 10 hp limit,and has alot of cats.All sizes

12. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Coffeen and Washington are a little far out for him.. and coffeen is fun but small