Info about Blue River (Indiana) needed?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Jeremy Leach, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    I was wondering if anyone could give me any insite on the Blue River? Is it very deep? Is there any dams on the river? Just basic info would be great.
    Thanks in advance everyone.

2. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Jeremy what part of the river are you wanting to know about? I have gone there and wade fished it. There are other parts that you can't wade. I don't know how deep it gets.

3. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Jeremy -

I think a friend of mine told me one time that he duck hunted on the Blue River. I would say that if he duck hunted the Blue river then he probably has fished it also.

later, Bob

4. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    Sounds good Bob see what he says.

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Which Blue River are you refering to, the one that cuts through the central part of the state like shelby county and johnson county or the one down new the Ohio. If it's the one here in central Indy, I can give you a few tips.

6. catdaddy75

catdaddy75 Guest

blue river around harrison crawford county is good fishin.deep enough for a decent boat to go up.been hearin about crappie and smallmouth here lately.its really deep in spots.good overall fishing

7. teamclose

teamclose Guest

we launched there last sat. and the size of the trees coming out of that river would be enough to keep me out of there!!! its kinda of narrow for 15 to 30 ft trees and a boat to share the river!

8. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have fished it several times, if there is some great looking spots in there close to the ramp, but it never seems to hold much of anything but dinks. It is basically a 15-20 foot flat from the ramp to the second bend. Once you get past the second bend which maybe 2 miles there are some HOLES which hold some average size fish, NOT ohio river average though. 5-6 pounds. No reason to be afraid to run the boat in there. there is a lot of timber, but you can stay right in the middle without much problems. I think we had to dodge a fallen tree laying out in the water last time we where down there. Just take it slow and easy. Early spring would possably hold some nice fish up in there. Alot of timber and also a Little rock. If I where fishing a tourn down there I would use it for a last resort!! Because I have.

9. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    Thanks for the info Skippy2.

10. vhull_5

vhull_5 New Member

State:
    Carthage,Indiana
    I have fished the big blue from Henry county thru SHELBY county and some of the best has been where six mile creek and big blue merge around the Rush -Shelby county line. It is only accessable by boat,but it holds some nice fish.