Inflated nightcrawlers?

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by upncomincatfishking, Dec 19, 2006.

1. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    i have never been trout fishin bout are thinkin bout goin sometime this winter and i've been lookin around the site at baits and techniques.And i keep seein people talkin bout inflated nightcrawlers i was wonderin what are inflated nightcrawlers? and where can i get some? any help would be appreciated

2. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    you just get a hold of a hypodermic or needle and insert some air beneath the surface of the nightcrawler. IN some places you can purchase "inflating" devices that are basically a small plastic bottle (about the size of a container you would get a prescription in) with a needle attached to the cap or lid.

Another tactic to get your nightcrawler off the bottom of the lake/river is to put a small marshmellow( more if the nightcrawler is big) on the the hook with the nightcrawler. The marshmellows are very bouyant and therefore will do the same thing...float your nightcrawler up off the bottom.

This can be important on some bodies of water that have a bunch of algae/vegetation on the bottom which could "hide" your bait.

3. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    thanks for the tip Robert. I have been using one of the "lindy" worm blowers I bought at wally world but the air has been leaking out causong my bait to sink back to the bottom. I will give the marshmellow trick a try. I alway get more bites when my worm is off the bottom and can tell easily when the air has leaked out cause the rod tip just sits there.

4. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi guys, I like to inflate nightcrawlers with procure garlic oil. Procure sells platic bottles with a syringe type needle to blow air in the worms. What I do is unscrew the cap with the syringe and put it on the procure garlic oil bottle. It makes the night crawler float off the bottom; I have caught a few trout that way.

Jaime

5. Stormin_Mormin

Stormin_Mormin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    What works, if you cant find a medical syringe, is one of those turkey marinade injectors. With the needle, not the tube, you can get them at a grocery store like walmart has them.

6. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Never heard of inflating the night crawlers but seems like a good idea that would work well in certain situations.

Wheelmobile07