Inflatable Rafts and Bs Lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by MiseryMike, Jun 10, 2009.

1. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Hey guys got a question. I have a inflatable raft that would hold my brother and i, a 120 can cooler fishin poles radio ect lol, anything wrong with using something like that say at blue springs lake down at the jacomo spillway ? are there rules about doing stunts like that? i got this raft on a sidejob i did for some people they where going to throw it away so i took it i always take other peoples junk, nothing wrong with it why throw it in the trash i can use it lol. we took it on a float trip we went on in the boothill of missouri held up great so i figured we could paddle out in the cove there. Let me know what u all think, and i already thought about the obv rubber inflatable and hooks :wink:

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    You need a county permit to put a boat on Blue Springs or Jacomo, I don't know if it applies to non-motorized boats or not but it probably does as the county seldom misses a chance to extract more revenue from the taxpayers.

I wouldn't venture north of the Woods Chapel Road bridge in anything that didn't have a motor on it. Jacomo would be a lot more friendly, as there's a 25hp limit so nothing is going to be that big or that fast.

3. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    yea i can see jackson co wanting some money, ive kayaked bs and jacomo lakes a few times id never take a raft to the main body of water lol.

4. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i was looking at this recently, and found that if a boat isnt powered by a motor it doesent need to even be registered. i dont know how it is down there but up here i know that no one would mess with you about it. i would check on local lake restrictions, it seems every body of water has different rules nowadays. just be careful.

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    are we talkin about a heavy duty river raft? or some kind of dingy?