Indy show

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by beaneye46, Feb 9, 2006.

1. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    does anyone know about the sportman show coming to the indy fair grounds. i think its next weekend. i hear you can pick up fishing gear pretty cheap, and they have a lot of neat exibitions. has anyone else heard of it?

2. snifflucky

snifflucky New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah, tried to go last year. We got up there a little too early, and it didn't open till 4:00 or 5:00, So we hit several of the local bars up there. We got up there at about 9:00, so when opening time came around we wasn't feeling to great to go and walk around.

We're trying it again this year. Supposed to go the 22nd. This time at a little later time. Heard they have a lot of sweet deals, and seminars there.

3. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Indianapolis Boat, Sport & Travel Show
    When:
    February 17 - 26, 2006

Hours:
    Fridays, Feb. 17 & 24
    3 pm - 9:30 pm
    Saturdays, Feb. 18 & 25
    10 am - 9:30 pm
    Sundays, Feb. 19 & 26
    10 am - 5 pm
    Monday, Feb. 20 (holiday)
    Noon - 9 pm
    Tuesday-Thursday, Feb. 21-23 3 pm - 9 pm

The Indianapolis Boat, Sport & Travel Show is the largest indoor event of its kind in the nation. Now bigger and better than ever with over 600 exhibitors, the Indianapolis Boat, Sport & Travel Show offers outdoor enthusiasts the widest selection of products and services - from canoes to cruisers, RVs to tents, tourism to hunting and fishing…this show has it all. Learn tips and techniques from leading industry experts and be entertained by stage shows. Plus, you can also visit the Indiana Deer & Turkey Expo in the Exposition Hall during the first weekend of the show, or the Indiana Motorcycle Expo during the last weekend.

Hope this helps....and make sure you see the Westside Bait & Tackle booth while you are there. They are going to be having some killer deals on catfish, musky, and carp equipment.

Directions:
    FROM CHICAGO:

I-65 South to I-70 East to Keystone Avenue exit. Take Keystone North to 38th Street. West on 38th Street to Indiana State Fairgrounds (on right).

FROM CINCINNATI:

I-74 East to I-465 North to I-70 West to Keystone Avenue exit. Take Keystone Avenue north to 38th Street. West on 38th Street to Indiana State Fairgrounds (on right).

FROM LOUISVILLE:

I-65 North to I-70 East to Keystone Avenue exit. Take Keystone North to 38th Street. West on 38th Street to Indiana State Fairgrounds (on right).

FROM ST. LOUIS:

I-70 East to Keystone Avenue exit. Take Keystone North to 38th Street. West on 38th Street to Indiana State Fairgrounds (on right).

FROM DETROIT, LANSING OR FORT WAYNE:

I-69 South to SR 37 South which will turn into Fall Creek Parkway. Stay on Fall Creek Parkway until you get to Indiana State Fairgrounds (on right)

4. D-NICE-OK

D-NICE-OK New Member

State:
    INDY
    Great post :thumbsup: I went a couple of years ago and it was great.

5. D-NICE-OK

D-NICE-OK New Member

State:
    INDY
    Just bringing this back up. Is anybody going this weekend? Hope me and my son get there Saturday afternoon.:)

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I wont be there this year but have went in the past, its been a few years but alwys used to take a day off during the week and head over looking at Bass Gear, its a really good show and boat wise was way better then any of the Ohio shows so we would run into a ton of the local ohio guys over there.
    Its been about 5 years but i highly recommend it for boat shopping more then anything else.
    Maybe next year.....

Salmonid

7. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I attend most of the gun shows out there, but I've never been to a Boat, Sport, and Travel show before. Maybe I'll check one out one of these years. Do they have good deals on boats? Do they sell fishing equipment? I need a new motor for my boat, the one I'm using now is terrible!:mad:

8. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I will be there Saturday....and then I will be working at the CAG booth on Monday, Tuesday, and next Sunday.

9. bigcatkev

bigcatkev Member

State:
    indiana
    The boat sport and travel show is great. They have just about anything you can amagine. Guides and travel stuff plus the takle town has any kind of takle you could want and if your looking for a boat it's a pretty good place to find one. Just about every kind of boat you can think of is there. O-yeah if anyone needs a new motor I have a 9.9 mercury four stroke long shaft that is a couple of years old but has never been started or anything. Always keped covered up and out of the weather. Brand new! I paid 2200 but will sell for a good price. Anyone enterested let me know. :cool: