Indianapolis catfishing question

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by cjmbaseball, Sep 6, 2006.

1. cjmbaseball

cjmbaseball New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hello everyone. First time poster here. Great site by the way. Very helpful. Anyways I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on good places around Indianapolis to catch cats from the bank. I go to Butler here in Indy so I'm not real familiar with any of the local spots. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    CJM,Welcome to the Boc , I'm East of Indy, but there are a few guys in the group that can help ya out. Gook Luck

3. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Colin welcome to the B.O.C

4. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Colin...welcome to the BOC. You will find a few posts throughout the Indiana area on this board that relates to fishing around Indy. I know I have responded to a few within the last month. If you cant find them, let me know. I will help you out.

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Colin.. I know of a few places... If you know where white river pkwy is on the westside near the zoo, you should be good.. There is a baitshop called Westside bait there and they can help you out with alot of local places... but the stretch of river in front of there and north of there is really good... also south of there is the old Chevy dam and it can be good too... Or if you want a good day of catching channels i would go to Eagle Creek resivoir off 56th street with a bag of shrimp....... Hope this helps....

6. cjmbaseball

cjmbaseball New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks everyone for the help. Hopefully I'll be able to get out to try out some of these places this weekend.

7. Brutom

Brutom New Member

State:
    Cumberland Indiana
    I fish the river there by Westside Bait Shop frequently, along with several other local guys who are all really good company to fish with.
    Mostly, I fish the area between Michigan St. and 10th St. bridges, which is just south of where Fall Creek joins the river.
    If you see a white Buick parked along there, then its probably me down below it somewhere fishing.
    Hope to see you there sometime!