Indiana Windstorm

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ulikedew, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I'm back after losing power Sunday at noon.The wind storm that came by made Southern Indiana a mess.Still have a ton of power outages around here.Some might not get power for a week or so.So I am thankful my redneck electric company (REMC)got mine on.I have spent my days hauling tree limbs from my moms house I tell nothing worse than sappy pine.

I will post a few pics I took during the windstorm.I just wanna take a hot shower and relax a bit.So for those who are still out and can get online somehow my prayers are out to you all.

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    yeah,we had it pretty bad ourselves.i had to go to work.i was dodging limbs and a stop light on the way.then,i got to set in the shop all evening with no power,i did get to listen to the steelers game,lol
    our electric went out about 330pm at home,then came back on yesterday at about 1 pm.

i think that is the worst wind i have ever seen

3. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Bad here also sister still doesnt have power

4. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well we just got tons of rain. There are some big black walnuts, the wind blew over on the next road.

We just got about 11 inches of rain in the last week. I have water in my field.

No power loss here.

5. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    This end of KY. got hit hard too, Still lots of people without power and a good many with house roofs gone or trees on their house.

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Sorry to hear about that brother. Hope you get everything in order

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Southern Ohio was the same way, In Chillicothe we were without power in about 30 percent of the homes

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    How far are you from Brandenberg? My inlaws were up here for several days. Got home Tuesday and had some trees down and some damage to the house. They live in Doe Run.

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ike was a bad boy all the way out , sorry for all the damage y'll had , there will be better days

10. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    Tyme is finally back on line. Lost power on Sunday and finally got it restored on Wednesday at 8:07 PM.

I've got portions (big slabs, etc) of at least 18 trees damaged and blown down on my 5 acres.

Neighbors came together and chain saws came out to clear the road immediately after the storm blow thru.

Mrs. Tyme and I cooked on the gas grill for 3 nights, utilized my fishing gear for lights,etc.

Brought in the outside landscape lights for enterior lighting once the sun went down.

Country boys can survide.

I'm now waiting for the electric water heater to get enough hot water to take a shower on Thursday morning. Ya might not see me, but ya can sure smell me.!!!!

11. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    So thats the smell I have smelt outside lol.Glad to hear everything's okay your side of the highway.Free drop off at Earth First till Sat.Off to work yippie.