Indiana trip, channel catsfish!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by One Legged Josh, May 27, 2009.

1. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just got back from my anniversary trip with the wife. We got the invite to stay on my Uncles Dads "farm". In the cabin he built, it sits on 70 acres riverfront property.
    The plan was to fish the White river during the day and catfish the mornings and evenings, but with the memorial day holliday the White was CLOGGED with canoers from the livery 2 miles away.
    So we decided to focus on the cats. I started out day two catching bait gills on the 5 wt. flyrod. First cast with a whole 6.5' gill got me a 16 pounder, and the hogfest was on! The rig we all used was my "catbobbers" with 4/0 circle hooks.
    I was trying to beat my PB of 20.8 pounds. We ended up fishing three afternoons and landing 56 channels over 5 pounds. (I got 41 of them). In the end I didnt beat 20.8 pounds, but I got a black 19.1 pounder. In the pics you cat tell the girth of these fattys.

Attached Files:

2. One Legged Josh

State:
    Ohio
    A few more pics.

Attached Files:

3. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    damn nice well happy aniversary for all its worth good lookin fish my man

4. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Happy anniversary and congrats on all those beautiful Channel cats Josh! Sounds like a wonderful trip.

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Very good weekend Josh. Congrats

6. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    looks like you had a great time, congrats on the fish and the get away

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Great post Josh ... that is the way I caught channels in Florida about every time I went ... sure spoils you for fishing in Ohio. ..... Garry-

8. One Legged Josh

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the comments guys, it was a awesome trip. You can get spoiled real quick when the average fish is over 7 pounds. That big black one was 35.5" long!:smile2::smile2::smile2: