Indiana Sports

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Blacky, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Although living 900 miles east, I still haven't forgot where I really came from and still root for Indiana sports teams. What Indiana team do you root for?

I have been a die hards Colts fan since the Gary Hogaboom, Jack Trudeau, and Jeff George days. It was only until I moved out here in the late 90's when Polian drafted Peyton Manning have I gotten a chance to see such great teams including the 2007 SuperBowl. Johnny Unitas can kiss Peyton's behind!:cool2:

Basketball has been the Indiana Hoosiers. I remember the night Kieth Smart sank than baseline shot in New Orleans in 7th grade. I attended IU from 92 to 97 and saw manny great players like Calbert Cheaney, Damon Bailey, Alan Henderson, and Pat Knight:smile2::wink::crazy:. Only until after I graduated did they make one of the most miraculous runs in the NCAA tournament in 2000. I was more proud of that team than any other team I saw play. That team will be my greatest Hoosier basketball team ever!

I rooted for the Pacers back in the day when they had Reggie Miller and the Dunkin Dutchman. I beleive if it was Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls prime, Reggie would have gotten a ring.

I also root for anyone playing against Purdue!:smile2:

2. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
    Irish all the way. I am another hoosier so far from home. Cannot stand the LSU fans. If they are winning they have the best fans if they are losing they are the worst.

3. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The Indianapolis Colts and the Purdue Boilermakers are my teams...oh yeah and whoever is playing IU! lol

4. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
    I have also been a steeler fan all my life. If IU would produce a team maybe I would watch them. They only thing IU has going is basketball but since Mr. Knight left they haven't even had a basketball team.:crazy:

5. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    I'm not a native Hoosier my family is all from Ind,Ky, and Tenn, I was born in SoCal and lived there most of my life and just recently moved to Muncie, but have always been a hoosier at heart and my team has always been THE INDIANAPOLIS COLTS Is ther any other football team????????? We will miss you Coach Tony Dungy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I catch every Pacers and Colts game...unless I have something important to get done. Die hard fan of the blue and gold and blue and white from birth until the grave. As for college, I've gotta love my BSU Cards, always watched Butler basketball growing up...and I'll probably catch smack talk from all you big ten fans, but I was raised a Buckeyes fan. :wink:

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    A few NCAA soccer championships.

2000-2001 IU basketball team was national runner-up. Not too shabby?:cool2:

8. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
    I believe in 2000-2001 mike davis was coach and the were knocked out in the 1st round. Correct me if I am wrong. I do not follow soccer so that I don't know any thing about. To bad Purdue didn't due better in the tourny, They were one of the teams I hoped would go all the way.

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Purdue Boilermakers fan here, went to a few BB games at Mackey Arena to watch Jo Barry Carroll, Jerry Sichting and Arnette Hallman play, been a Boiler fan ever since then.

10. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I believe BOC member Shilohred has a nephew going to Purdue to play quarterback this coming season. The kid has broke several Tennessee high school records.

11. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What? No mention of the 1979 ISU dream team? Larry Bird and ISU in the NCAA final 4, only to lose a heartbreaker to Michigan State and Magic Johnson in the championship game. That year Bird was named collegiate player of the year, won the John R. Wooden award, made the All Ameican team, and signed a deal with the Celtics. Come on folks, this is grass roots Indiana sports worth mentioning.:wink:

12. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    FOOTBALL= COLTS THERE IS NO OTHER TEAM
    BASKETBALL=

13. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    How do you guys like class systems in high school sports now?

Do the catholic schools rule in sports like they do out here in PA?

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Is Caldwell a good thing for the Colts?

I'm getting worried about them.

15. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I dont know anything about Indiana sports:wink: