Indiana Reservoirs

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by creek_fisher88, May 18, 2006.

1. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone know of any good public resiviors close to southern indiana?? if so let me know.

2. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Hey Tim the Borden Reservoir is pretty good for bluegill. I've never fished or know of anyone who has fished it for cats. The only problem with that place is getting a boat up the hill. Pretty steep. You can only take small boats up there. A few people get their boat up there and leave them there locked to a tree. It really is a pain in the a$$. That's why I don't go there very often. Never fished from the bank so I can't give you any insight on that.
    What part of Indiana are you from?

3. creek_fisher88

State:
    Indiana
    New Washington. We play borden in all of our sports. Actually there is a resivior in scottsburg. i call it twin lakes because there is a road between it. It is on lake road.

4. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I forgot all about the Scottsburg reservoir. Never fished it for cats though. That lake is so off and on with the fishing that it's almost a waste of my time to go there. I usually fish Deams or a few places around Salem.

5. creek_fisher88

State:
    Indiana
    Marysville Lake is really good. the limit is 15 cats. but if you catch a tagged fish you get a cash prize i think. I also heard coomers lake was good

6. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Scottsburg lake has some good channel cats. I have never caught anything big from there. I have not fished it in a few years. Good bluegill also. I have heard that it has saugeye in it also. Crappie were plentiful but on the small side. I heard that Coomers was shut down but owned by someone else now. Not sure about it. Also have heard that there is pretty good fishing in the Clark State forest. Not for sure because never fished it before.

7. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I'd like to know where the saugeye are in that lake. I have also heard that they were in there, but never have seen any or any one catch any.
    Clark State Forest has five differant lakes. I haven't fished them for years. There is one that I know is good, but you have to walk about 1/2 mile to get to it. Not alot of people fish it cause they don't want to walk it and carry all there stuff. But if you can get a canoe in there you are set. The name of that lake is Shaw.

8. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I remember years ago I did fish the one nearest the highway at Clark Forest. Can't really remember if I caught anything. I think that is the one that they stock trout in but not for sure. I also think that Scottsburg lake has the state record saugeye caught out of there but might be wrong on that one. You really need a boat to fish it at least that I can remember. I put my bass boat in it at one time but had a hell of a time getting it off and on the trailer so I would not recommend doing that. Can only trolling motor also.

9. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    If you caught anything on that little lake I'd be surprised. I don't think anything but really small bluegills came outta that one. The second lake in is the one that they stocked trout in. Not sure if they still do but you had to have a boat to get to the back where they were.
    The last time i was at Scottsburg Lake there were two rather large guys fishing in a bass boat. Both had their shirts off and were sunburnt pretty bad. What a site that was. We watched them struggle getting their boat loaded. I have a little two man boat that is perfect for those small lakes.

10. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Can't remember if I caught anything out of it or not. I remember I took my son and daughter there when they were still pretty small. I have seen several bass boats on Scottsburg lake bigger than mine. No idea how they got them on or off. I had my truck backed out as far as I could go and still took 2 of us to push it off the trailer. Only did that one time because it's not worth it.

11. sam

sam New Member

State:
    Martinsville IN
    Just so you guys do know, the old Coomers place has been taken over by someone else and is open 24/7

12. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have fished Coomers a few times but never fished the trophy lake. I was over there one night when they were having a tournament and saw some monsters come out of there. Might have to give it a try one night. Do you know if they still allow you to stay there all night?

13. creek_fisher88

State:
    Indiana
    i also heard that there were spoon bills in that lake but i dont know. I heard that there were skip jack and they were thick!!!!

14. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have not fished there in a couple of years. Don't know about spoonbills either. Saw some good blue cats come out of there though. Don't you have to snag spoonbills or am I thinking of something else.

15. creek_fisher88

State:
    Indiana
    yea im pretty sure you do have to snag spoonbills but its illegal in indiana