Indiana paylake fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by drpepper, Jun 23, 2009.

Do you fish paylakes? How much do you pay per day?

1. YES

2. NO

3. $5 or under

4. $5 - $10

5. $10 - $15

6. $15 - $20

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This poll is For Indiana BOC members.

Do you fish pay lakes? and How much do you pay?

NOTE: Your vote is private

2. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I suppose if I knew for sure that the lake owner stocked the fish in a legitimate manner, yes I would fish in one. But it seems that would be tough to prove and I think it's rare. How else would a small lake achieve multiple trophy sized fish without obtaining them from a public waterway? That's why I choose to just stay away. I'd rather put in my time pursuing fish I knew grew to their trophy size in a public body of water that everyone had an equal opportunity to fish rather than in a manufactured setting.

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Uggg sorry i voted no cause i did not read for indiana only..:eek:oooh: But now that am here ..lol you sais in another thread you's like to open up a paylake...I say go for it and i hope you do graet on your venture!

4. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    I voted yes because i started fishing for cats in a paylake. With that said i have only ever fished two paylakes.

The main one is one a friend of the family bought and took over. Just to clearify, the lake was used as a paylake for many years before he bought it. The previous owner was known for buying fish caught out of local public waters (which i disagree with). After the friend bought it, the only thing that was put in it was farm raised channels and baby flats from the same farm. All he charged was 10$ per person per day. The lake is a hair under 6 acres and all easily accesiable from the bank. There are a couple big flats and atleast two big blues (if they are still alive) in there.

The other paylake is close to you Dr. and you know what one i'm talking about. I have only been there once and didn't like the way it was kept, ran, atmosphere. That's all i will say on that one.

All in all if the onwer follows the laws and keeps and nice place i have no problem paying for the little extra comfort.

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah I know the one... it's the reason for all the limb liners around here stealing public fish from the river that he's right next door to. That burns me up like nothing else. The law even knows this, but won't try to stop it. Eveidently he openly recruits the river rats to get fish for his ponds for a measly dollar per pound and dodging tax to boot!!:angry:
    You'll see me grow angrier over this during the summer when the river is down and all the flatties are fished out of every hole for miles up and down the river there.

6. Whiskerstalker

Whiskerstalker New Member

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    Cut their limb lines. I do without hesitations. I absolutely hate poachers & will do EVERYTHING in my power to make life for them VERY VERY difficult.:smile2:

7. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    1. crossing someone elses lines/your own
    2. 2 pole limit/others ????
    3. catching 200#'s of what?
    4. someone fishing over your shoulder/sitting too close
    5. using lines for barricades
    6. eardrum busting music
    7. trash
    8. dead fish in water or on banks
    9. $$'s is high
    10. where's the "FISH"?

8. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Theres a nice paylake near here thats for sale. Id sure buy it if I had any money. They have trout, huge stripers, and other stuff there. I only saw it open once before it went on sale, but they used to have tournaments and everything there. Its about a mile or less from the Ohio river at Derby.

The only paylake Ive ever fished was in Ky. They had a "Pay by the pound" lake, which was FULL of catfish. You had to keep what you caught too.

They also had a regular lake to camp around... which has some 100lb cats in it.
    I fished it and never got a single bite. I saw some guy who had a 25 lb flatty though.

And someone just opened up a paylake near me that is stocked with rainbow trout, Tilapia, and other stuff. Id fish it just to catch me some trout.

9. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :angry: yuppers i know which paylake that is and it sucks that all public fish are to that lake

10. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    paylake fishing is not in fishing for the sport all they are bunch of drunk people thinking they can out fish each other need to have a law stating all public fish need to go back to river and have a dnr officer and all boat ramps.......

11. kottacat

kottacat New Member

State:
    New Albany indiana
    I agree wth you indycatman-i guess thats what seperates the the ones who know how to fish from the ones that think they do. This guy at work is always talking about this pay lake he goes to and all these new bait formulas hes come up with or heard about and hes got all these rods and reels hes spent good money on-but he only goes to the pay lake! I told him he could catch catfish with gummy worms at that place! I took that dude to the river with me one time & he hasnt come back with me since-because all he knows is that pay lake crap. if i wanted to spend 15 or 20$ a few times a week on that lake my wife would kill me! of course he sells all the fish he catches-go figure. Plus i know for a fact that lake stocks with fish from the river and where ever else because he told me theyve got sauger,white bass and wipers in there. All farm raised-yeah righgt

12. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i feel for you pepper! you figure a way to get those guys nailed, ill come help you, my face not being recognizable in those parts.:wink:

13. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    I know the place you are talking about, when we were up there a couple of weeks ago and passed by it I did'nt notice any for sale signs, when did it go up for sale?

14. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Sorry for that pep, did'nt mean to hijack your thread!!

15. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Oh thats fine- I'm just interested in the pole... yall talk about whatever ya want to.

16. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    the poll is looking good but not good enough. lol

17. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    one of the no votes is mine and another was a guy from california not Indiana.....

18. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    NO!

19. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
  20. richard84

richard84 New Member

State:
    ky
    dang fellers...i aint never goin to indiana to paylake...yall must have some sorry ones...folks blastin music,castin over ya,drinkin and gettin crazy...imma stick to ky and ohio...they got some nice family pay lakes...:wink: