Indiana Parks & Recreation

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Fishgeek, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm sittin' here watching SNL and I've seen a commercial for a new show on Thursdays starring Amy Puller (sp?) called Parks and Recreation. Apparently she's supposed to work for Indiana Parks & Recreation. I'm still not sure if its just a gag commercial as part of SNL or the real thing. Looks real. If so, should be interesting to see how they portray Hoosiers.

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    is that still on? i havent see that for years man.

3. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah, its still on...nothing like the good ol' days though! I'll watch it now if I'm up, but I never stay up just to watch it.

4. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  5. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    It said Thursdays but didn't give a time or date...that's kinda why I was wondering if it was a gag commercial from SNL.

6. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It's real. I've seen the previews for it, supposed to be a new sitcom.

7. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    The truth can be stanger than fiction. I wonder what antics they can cook up.

8. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for confirming Ben.

9. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    They should do stories arond us for the show.. each week pick a different guy..LOL:smile2::smile2:

10. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Its suppose to be based in Pony Indiana. Which is located between Muncie and Ft. Wayne... I think its going to be funny so I will be watching it... They have like 5 episodes already filmed.. To bad 95% of it is in a Studio

11. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thats too bad i have seen some funny stuff over the years in the great outdoors. Mostly human goof ups and in indiana. The best was the time I set in my boat waiting at a boat ramp with numerous trucks waiting to get their boat in. This was a riot! I watched two guys back a boat down a ramp and try to push the boat off the trailer with the trailer tires not in the water. I watched this for 30 minutes untill they got it right. Wish I would have had my video camera with me.

12. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    That must have been a sight! Obviously the guy had never launched a boat before LOL!

13. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    I wonder if that show is gonna be as funny as Armed and Famous??????:confused2:

14. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I watched a guy at monroe launch his boat, tie it up and then park the trailer, come back and the boat was under water cause he had for gotten the plug.. It was a bass boat.. hehehehe.

I also saw another guy down at Dale Hollow Lake pull his boat up on the trailer, lock it in and then start up the ramp but forgot to pull the motor up and draged it about 75 ft... now that was funny...

15. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I remember hearing about a couple of guys who went fishing. They were using a small fish basket with a damaged lid & their fish swam away.:smile2:

16. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i watched a hunter launch his boat and pull truck and trailer up ramp to park you notice i didnt say tied it up lol it was floating down river he didnt even ask anyone to help:smile2:

17. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey guys my wife helped me find it on nbc.com. Its is called parks and recreation and comes on this Thursday evening. Either at 8:30 or 9:30. There is some SNL people in it. It should be funny. I bet they portray hoosiers as dumb and drunk rednecks. I guess we will see Thursday.:smile2:

18. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    When I was in college I worked several summers for the PA Fish & Boat Commission. One evening before electrofishing I forgot to tie the boat off. I thought my bosses had done it...they didn't. The rule was the last one to touch it swims for it. I just started stripping down when guy came motoring back to the ramp & grabbed the boat for me. The boss was not happy with me! He knew he would get the "stupid state workers" looks & comments because of his stupid college kid summer help. He would always say "Matt, you know what the say about summer help? Summer & summern't. (Some are & some aren't)"

19. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    That's funny, it happened to me once also.:smile2: LOL!!!!!:eek:oooh:

20. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Maybe you were one of those guys!:wink: