Indiana license problems 2006

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by wildcatter, Feb 26, 2006.

1. wildcatter

wildcatter New Member

State:
    Irvington, Ky
    Hey, Has anyone that didn't have an Indiana fishing license last year having a problem buying them now? I went to take my wife fishing yesterday,but I couldn't take her because due to a new Indy law they won't sell her a license until Apr 1. She was told that anyone who presently has a license it is good until Mar 31 st. Sounds fishy to me,but could not find any info on this.

2. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    Don't know where you heard that, but I just looked at my license from last year and it says it expires at the end of February. I wouldn't trust it. Try getting your wife a licence online. They say you can buy one 24hrs a day 7 days a week. Good luck with the license, then good luck on the water!!

3. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    The DNR goofed and the 2006 licenses are not good until April 1. So if you had last years license, it is good until then. If you want to go fishing now, but dont have a license,you will have to buy one now...and then another April 1....dumb? Yes...they made a major goof.

4. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    Sound like a load of bull. I didn't turn 17 til the end of last year so i didn't need to get one last year. Me and a group of guys are going to patoka lake for spring break to fish. We are gonna be fishing the last week of march until April 1st so am i gonna have to buy a fishin license now and then buy one the last day im there?

zac

5. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Guys,

I'll try to get you the correct answer in the morning. I heard something about this when I went to the local Mom & Pop grocery for a snack. At the time I didn't understand what the girl was talking about but I bet its what you're describing

I think I'll be seeing a CO tomorrow so I'll ask.

6. charliedog

charliedog New Member

State:
    New Albany, Indiana
    "All 2006 annual licenses and stamp privileges are valid from April 1, 2006 through March 31, 2007.

A 2005 hunting or fishing license is required during the month of March in 2006."

This is copied and pasted straight off the Indiana DNR fishing site. I was told the same thing at Wally World so I looked online.

Charlie

7. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If you had a license last year, then you should probably keep it. But if you didn't have a fishing license last year, you can buy a new one for this year. I just don't know if it would be valid or not. I would think it would be, but who knows. And for what it is worth I have all-ready bought my new Indiana hunting/fishing and waterfowl stamp for the 2006/7 season, so they are available, and I got mine at Wal-Mart.

8. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    went to wally world this morning fio rmy liscense and they told me the one si bought for the 05 season are good until april1st,since the the 06,07 ones arent avalible yet...same thing most of yall have been saying....boy this sure is a pain in the butt.

9. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I bought mine last friday for 2006 on the internet. I had to put in my drivers license or SSN to start the process.

It was 25.00 for resident fishing/hunting.

The license shows:

LICENSE TYPE: 2006 Res. Hunt/Fish
    VALID PERIOD (04/01/2006 - 03/31/2007)

Maybe they just wanted to switch from end of february to end of march for renewals.

10. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    Spred the news to anyone you can because I'm sure there are alot of people out there that have no clue as to whats going on, and do not have access to a sight as great as this one. This sight is awesome for everyone involved. Keep taking care of one another, and anyone else we can bring along. Knock em dead in March on the DNR this year people. You don't see this very often!!

11. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    You guys are correct. The 2005 license is good through this March 31st. I still don't have a straight answer for Ohio_River_Rat:

I'll keep asking Rat.

12. charliedog

charliedog New Member

State:
    New Albany, Indiana
    I just called the Indiana DNR and asked if I wanted to go fishing the last week of March and didn't have a 2005 license what was I to do. Cynthia who I was talking to told me to go ahead and buy the 2006 license and that the conservation officers have been told to honor them in March since there has been so much confusion over the new licensing dates. Also they willl honor the 2005 Licenses during March. Another bureaucratic SNAFU. So I believe Rat ought to be alright to go ahead and buy the 2006 license and go on his trip as planned. Good Luck.

13. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I like the system NC uses. A new license is good for 1 yr. from the date you purchase it.

14. wildcatter

wildcatter New Member

State:
    Irvington, Ky
    Called DNR today and purchased a license for the wife online. The license even though it shows valid APR1 06-Mar 31-07 will cover Mar 06. Basically due to a ghange by DNR 2005 and 2006 license will be honored during the month of March. Thanks everyone for all your help.