Indiana High School Football!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Blacky, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It's sectional time!

Who's gonna be playing at the Dome during Thanksgiving weekend this year?

I think the catholic schools will run the table again this year.

Fort Wayne Luers
    Fort Wayne Dwenger
    Indy Cathedral
    Evansville Mater Dei
    Evansville Memorial

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    highschool ball big up there too ehh?

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This is a basketball state. You want High School football you go to Ohio!:big_smile:

4. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    10-4, but Indiana HS basketball got messed up when they went to the class system. Now there are too many champs!

5. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Comming from a small school i have to disagree! The reason for the change did make sense. Its not every year you get to see a Milan Muncie Central. It does give the small schools a better chance to compete. I also thought of maybe going to a two class system instead of four. Or take the four state champions and have a tourney of champions. But they say that most teams wouldnt want to win the state title in their class only to get blown out a week later in a state sanctioned game against a bigger school.

I can remember the year before sports went classed and how we always drew the biggest best school every year in sectional and there was never any excitement about any of our sports teams. but since it went classed, come sectional night, you can rob every house in our town! And i think the class system has done this with a lot of your smaller schools. And I dont think the big schools mind as much either. Im sure they miss beating up on the little guys, but the overall competitiveness i do believe is better now then what it was before classing.

6. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    I respect that Steve. But for me, I used to be interested in who was the state champ. Now you have to ask if it was for tiny schools, small schools, not-so-medium-large schools, or jumbo? Now there can never be another "Hoosiers" story, that they guaranteed. Sorry Blacky, this was off the football topic...

7. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry Blacky but thats what you get when you mention high school athletics to a hoosier. the talk instantly goes to basketball :smile2: And your right there wont ever be another hoosiers story. but at least now small schools can enjoy state championships as well. and when i ask who won the state title i am normally reffering to our schools class champion. prolly like most people think. i would like to see a final four between the four state champs one day.

8. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would pay more to see someone get there arse tazed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Indiana is not a basketball state no more since we went to class division.

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

I agree with Steve!

I went to a catholic high school with only 500 students. We to play schools with an enrollment of 2,000 to 5,000 kids.

We got our butts handed to us in every sport but when sectionals came and we got the chance to play other schools our size, we kicked but and brought home wrestling, football, basketball, and even baseball state championships.

11. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana

Even tho Indiana is classed it is still by far a basketball state. The state as a whole gets more excited for basketball then they do football. More people attend basketball games in the state then all of the other sports combined. And you can look that one up. Cuz its a fact. Yes Indiana is classed but pretty well every state went that way. But the fans still get just as excited come sectional time. The big schools are just mad cuz they dont have the little guys to beat up on anymore in sectional

12. festus

festus New Member

Doesn't Kentucky still have only a one classification system in basketball?

13. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yes kentucky is one of the few still left without a class system. but there has been talk in changing that with the success indiana and some other states have had with the class systems. the class system brings in more money come state tourney time because there are more games. especially come state title game when they can sell out the arena two times a day with the two sessions instead of the one game

14. festus

festus New Member

If there's a good senior high school point guard up there in Indiana, send them on down to Tennessee, Bruce Pearl needs one. Ditto for a quarterback for Lane Kiffin's football team.:smile2:

15. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana

Ive got a lil bro who is a natural on the bball court and is only a freshman and can outplay a lot of varisty kids and handle the ball better. and not to mention he has a cannon on him. hes an awesome pitcher and the coach of a nearby school actually asked him to transfew to their school so he could be their qb. and that football team is one of the better teams of the area.....give him 3 years and ill send him down!:smile2:

16. festus

festus New Member

I'll remember that, Steve. :wink:

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Evansville Mater Dei in 2A sectional finals.
    Evansville Memorial in 3A sectional finals.
    Bishop Chatard, Cathedral, and Dwenger in too!

18. Lil Chuck

Lil Chuck New Member

State:
    in
    Martinsville Artisians!!!!! Class of 98!!!