Indiana Get-together

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by RonSki, Jul 10, 2009.

1. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would LOVE to have a get together. But I'm all the way on the north end of the state. Shoals is probably 6 hours from me. Kinda far, but not TOTALLY out of the question either....

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    we are having a gathering in henderson kentucky next weekend if you want to come down... not to far for you ..

3. atvracer

atvracer Member

State:
    IN-47501

I am all for it. I live west of you on the other fork.

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Takes time to get rolling on these get togethers sometimes. People will come around. I'd love to have a get together and fish near where the State record flattie came from... I just never know what I'm able to do from one day to the next- so I'll wait to see what date pans out and try to make it if I can.

5. Indysfinest22

Indysfinest22 New Member

State:
    indiana
    hey mr shacksworth, i would be happy to attend, my grandfather lives just outside of williams dam, his name is Ed Eubank, sound familiar, he lives right next to the forestry, im familiar with the area and have fished williams dam before, it holds some monsters!! Keep me updated im only about an hour away im just around martinsville, ill be there partner!!

6. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sounds like a great time

7. Indysfinest22

Indysfinest22 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Williams would deffinately be a very convienient spot, as you said there are so many GREAT places to set up and put in a nights worth of fishing, we would deffinately have plenty of room for all of us to be set up good and spread out, and the fish are usually very concentrated on both sides of the dam there, my grandfather usually sends me all the news paper clippings of pics when big cats are caught there at the dam from the shoals paper, regardless tho i would be very honored if you would take me fishing with u there on your boat, it has been a dream of mine to launch at williams and fish the river there on a boat since i was a little feller. i have been wanting to head down there and fish the dam regardless, but if we could meet up and take your boat out it would make it even that much better! Well let me know what your thoughts are!!

8. atvracer

atvracer Member

State:
    IN-47501
    Williams sounds like a good spot. Can you give us a little info on the town? It looks like a tiny place, just wondering if there were any bait shops there or gas stations......and how deep is the river there about the time this may happen?

BTW Earl, I am from Washington..about 3 miles straight east of the cabins on the west fork.

9. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    how deep is that area below the dam? i have a riverjon but i would rather bring my big boat..

10. Indysfinest22

Indysfinest22 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Ya there is a little bait shop there, and it is a very very small town, And to be honest with you the last time i was down there the bait shop owner made me feel real out of place and unwelcomed in the area, and they were selling fireworks out of the bait shop and they were all bein lit and thrown in the river, but i did pick a bad time to go, it was just before the 4th last year and was alot of kids partying and loud music, but that was my only bad experience, I WILL GO BACK!! The fishin is worth it!!

11. matahone

matahone New Member

State:
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    I just got back from fishing there. The water on average was about 5 foot in the center of the river. I would be interested in a meeting down there but it depends on my work schedule. It is a long drive for me also. The bait shop is still there and the camping. I did not see any gas stations near.