Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Indiana Gathering

8K views 71 replies 24 participants last post by  skippi2use 
#1 ·
Well, I know that WabashRiverBear in the past has done a gathering at Rocky Pointe. I am not sure exactly if that is going on this year or not, but having talked to a few guys they said they had not heard anything as of yet. Without stepping on his toes, or anyone elses, i wanted to throw out the idea of having a gathering in July (possibly 9-11) at Little Farm on the River near Rising Sun, IN (thanks to KyleCo for the suggestion).

The camping area has a pond with fish for those who do not have boats or may have trouble getting around but wants to come. Also has full electric and water hook-up and a commisary/store with supplies and food. I believe they also have an inground swimming pool and other amenities. Prices last time I looked I believe to be around 26-31 dollars a night but that is not a group rate quote, and I believe that they allow two tents per campsite. Cabins are also available but I am not sure on the rate. The camping area is about 5 minutes east of the Rising Sun Public Ramp and about 15-20 minutes from the Tanners Creek Ramp. It is approximately an hour from Madison IN incase anyone was wondering.

I am looking just to see if there is possible interest in something like this happening along with a yea or neh on venue, as well as dates with suggestions added if you would like an event but disagree on the place/time. I think not only would this location draw Indiana members, but also SW Ohio and NKY Members. I know the river is not centrally located obviously, but Rocky Pointe is located on the River and has been successful in the past. Please post input, and let me know if we want to get this rolling.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
I fully understand Barry, just figured I would toss the idea out. I personally won't be able to make the National gathering and if others cannot make it and wish to attend a closer event, or would like to do both then hopefully they will show interest. If not, that is fine as well. Just wanting to meet some BOC members.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Point well taken Shane. I didn't know about that particular campground and that is why I asked for input. The cheaper prices and onsite ramp would make it a better location at least in my opinion. Would you be willing to come if it was moved to this location? If so what dates are good? Anyone else interested? Please add input

Discussion starter · #17 ·
Sounds like we have a fair amount of members interested. I think some of the guys over here in SW Ohio and Cincinnati would come as well. I will call the campground here probably Thursday and see what they have available and the options we have, until Wednesday I am pretty swamped with Finals. I will post something in the next few days about date, location, and info about reservation. Thanks for the good words, and the input.

Discussion starter · #20 ·
Definately shouldn't be then, I am going to the Classic as well. I figured the first or second week in July. Couple guys liked the first weekend. If your wife would like to handle it, and knows the people at the campground that would be great. PM and let me know or post. Thanks

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Jeremy, maybe we can do a carry in or cook out lunch and then have you do a seminar before or after one of the days? Maybe give away a prize or two if willing, maybe either through a drawing or perhaps a friendly tournament? Those prices still are not extremely high, Little Farm on the River was about the same, but lacked a ramp.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Alright, looks like the ball may be rolling here, i appreciate Shane and Jeremy helping with this and the input of all the members so far.

Here is what we have so far tentatively, Campshore Campgrounds near Aurora and Rising Sun IN, July 9-11th. Jeremy Leach has offered to do a seminar and possibly give away some prizes. We could do a carry-in cookout and potluck, and possibly have a friendly tournament or competition during the gathering. Since Shane said the guy at Campshore wanted an idea of the number of people or sites I figured we should start a running total of who will/plans to attend. It also would be helpful if guys would say if they will or plan to bring their boat so we can try to accomodate people who need spots to fish. So Far I have this list:

1. Winston (metalman)
2. Jeremy Leach (Jeremy leach)
3. Shane (skippi2use)
4. Jimmy (IndyCatman)
5. Eric (Typer181)
6. Scott (IndyCatGuy)
7. Stephanie (Steph)
8. Eean (bsu_catfisher)
9. Myself (CatHunter24)

Discussion starter · #40 ·
1. Winston (metalman)
2. Jeremy Leach (Jeremy leach) *Boat (PM for room)
3. Shane (skippi2use)
4. Jimmy (IndyCatman)
5. Eric (Typer181)
6. Scott (IndyCatGuy)
7. Stephanie (Steph)
8. Eean (bsu_catfisher)
9. Myself (CatHunter24) *Boat (Possibly room for 1, depends on gear)
10. Jacob (Jumper)
11. Steve (Steve) * Boat (PM for possible open spots)
12. Roy (JetDoc)

Maybes:

Andy (Afishpatrol)
Barry (Wabash River Bear)
Scott (Scott C)

Discussion starter · #70 ·
im still in obviously. Shane have you been in touch with the guys at the campground again or should I call to set up the details? or would everyone make their own individual reservations? i figured we would all want to be in close proximity in terms of sites.....let me know and i will do what i can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.