Indiana Gathering 2020

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by typer181, Oct 5, 2019.

1. cadyman

cadyman Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    chris
    i work every other weekend, but that is my weekend off. I will be there for my first Indiana Gathering! I look forward to meeting you all.

2. Brown Cat Kayak

Brown Cat Kayak Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mark Templeton
    Is this a Hoosier only gathering? ;-) Sounds like a good time.

3. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    We welcome fishermen from all states. There's plenty of room in the camp! Just please let me know if you're coming so I can reserve you a space.

4. Brown Cat Kayak

Brown Cat Kayak Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mark Templeton
    You never know Eric, I will think about it and let you know for sure if I decide to come down. Got my 87 year old mother I have to look out for right now but it's almost nursing home time.

typer181 likes this.
  5. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    The big fish pool will be $5 per person. Every person in the pool with get 1/2 of a randomly drawn playing card that must be held up when taking the pic of the fish, along with a pic of the scale showing the fish's weight with the card. Since some people won't arrive till Saturday, I'll start collecting funds and giving out cards on Friday as I see people arrive. When the Saturday folks arrive I'll offer them the same opportunity to buy in to the pool. The big fish pool starts when you buy your card and the end time is 12 noon on Sunday September 27th.

To be eligible you must participate in the gathering. Meaning, you have to come and fish at least for one full day to be able to win.

Last year there was a recommendation to also do a small fish pool. Do you guys still want to do that too?

kyleco55 and Nuclear Bill like this.
  6. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indianapolis, In
    Name:
    Kyle Corley
    I'll be there and have a crisp $5 bill to donate to the cause. I put in a few vacation days for work to take off Friday and Monday ( gotta rest up that reeling shoulder )

7. Trophy Flathead Hunter

Trophy Flathead Hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Jon
    Alright guys so ALOT just happened at work, they are making lots of crazy cuts and changes because of everything going on. Just found out starting the 20th of this month I no longer will be working weekends!! I was shocked to say the least!!

Soooooo count me in on that big fish and small fish pot!! Jus remember I was pulling them out like this last year....:cool1: 20190915_071512.jpg

8. pikeintheboat

pikeintheboat Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    South Central Indiana
    Name:
    Matt
    That one is almost as big as an 8/0 circle hook.

9. Jbuck

Jbuck Well-Known Member

State:
    il
    Name:
    Jay
    Aww, they are so cute when they are young.

10. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Well Jon, great to hear you will be joining us in September! Hope everything works out for your work though man.

11. Trophy Flathead Hunter

Trophy Flathead Hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Jon
    Oh yes thankyou, everything is fine, we are just making up by working during the week. So I'm just a normal Monday through Friday guy now. They are trying to quit paying out so much weekend differential. I'm okay with it as I would rather spend my weekends with my family and fishing! Those times are priceless, they can keep that little extra money.

12. twaskom

twaskom Moderator Staff Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    If that was a blue, it would be some sort of record,,,,right?

Yah Jay,,, that little fish is too.

13. cadyman

cadyman Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    chris
    I was just looking at my Navionics app to see what the water area directly in front of the campground looks like for us bank fisherman at the gathering. Looks prime time to me, I don’t think I’m gonna be able to wait until September to fish it lol. I may need to scope it out soon. Maybe I can get some fishy info to hype up this gathering a little bit more. B9418C68-9423-4593-BCAE-B2AB6B07FA5A.png 3CC27825-6DB8-4FA9-AFE6-04E447090729.png

14. pikeintheboat

pikeintheboat Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    South Central Indiana
    Name:
    Matt
    Eric-

I see many piers and docks. Will we need to unload the boats or does the campground have a dock/slip to use?

Matt

15. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Matt, let me verify the details. It does look like they have areas to dock behind the office up in the deer creek channel.

pikeintheboat likes this.
  16. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Just got off the phone with Ralph at Rocky Point. He clarified some info about shade in the tent areas - there ain't none. Apparently the shade trees in the tent camping areas were all ash trees, and the borers killed all of them. He encouraged us to bring pop-up canopies.
    Regarding docks, he said they have plenty of docks and we are welcomed to park our boats at any of them.

pikeintheboat and cadyman like this.
  17. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    NEW METHOD FOR BIG/SMALL FISH CONTESTS!!!!

A BIG thanks to Tom for devising a better way to administer the Big/Small Fish Contest at this years' gathering! Here's how it's going to work:

The contest begins at noon on Friday September 25th and ends at noon on Saturday September 27th. Signup for the Contest begins at 9am on September 25th. PLEASE get in touch with me, via text, that morning if you are going to be in the contest. My cell is Three one Seven-490-Eight two 1 Seven. You must contact me prior to putting your boat on the water, as I do not want people to choose to enter the contest after they catch a fish. When you text me, I will draw a random playing card from a deck I will have, and text you back with the card that was drawn. It is each contest participant's responsibility to bring a piece of paper and marker with them in order to write the suit and number/face of the card that was drawn for them. Participants will use this piece of paper when taking the picture of the fish they have caught while it is being weighted on their scale. There is a $5 entry fee for small fish and $5 entry fee for big fish pots. When I see you at the gathering I will collect your fee(s).

If you have any questions please feel free to post them here.

cadyman and Nuclear Bill like this.
  18. cadyman

cadyman Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    chris
    looks like I will be practicing my tarp over tent skills then lol. Tarp, poles, and guide lines it is!

typer181 likes this.
  19. Philip Walleck

Philip Walleck New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Philip Walleck
    Looks like this is going to be a really nice event love what i am seeing for the location.

typer181, Nuclear Bill and cadyman like this.
  20. Philip Walleck

Philip Walleck New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Philip Walleck
    If all goes well i will be in attendance with at least one other maybe up to 3 others. Still waiting on getting my new boat and the Ohio is one reason i am looking at getting it.

cadyman and typer181 like this.