Indiana Gathering 2020

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by typer181, Oct 5, 2019.

1. twaskom

twaskom Moderator Staff Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Hi Chris, First, Welcome to the USCA forum.

I am in central Indiana. What part of the State are you in?

As far as the 2020 Indiana Gathering, this thread will provide all the information and Eric, (typer181) organizer.

The basic information is the Gathering will be at Rocky Point this year. That is just a a few miles upriver from the Cannalton Dam. And a couple mile upriver from Tell City. The current dates are set for the weekend go the 25th thru 27th of September. Unless something new comes out, there are no fees for the gathering. We did have a (voluntary) big fish pot ($5 fee) going last year and several items provided by participants for give-a-ways.

This will be a new location this year. We are hoping to have some good fishing water, be right on the waters edge for possible bank fishing yet have bathroom/ shower/ and restaurant options close at hand. Most of us will be in tents but camper sites are available. As this is being finalized, there could be a slight change in price for rent spaces but figure on about $15 per night. Everybody provides their own grub.

Post any specific questions here and we will try to provide accurate information. We have boat fisherman and bank fisherman so everyone should be having a good time.

typer181 likes this.
  2. Chris cooper

Chris cooper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Chris cooper

3. Chris cooper

Chris cooper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Chris cooper
    I live in Whiteland . Just a little bit south of Indianapolis. Always wanted to fish the Ohio, sounds like a great weekend. I posted earlier I’m in the process of giving up paylake fishing and I’m trying to learn of new spots on white river that’s close to my location. I’m going to try out the Henderson ford access site this weekend

typer181 likes this.
  4. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Henderson Ford is an open area with a gravel/dirt access to the river. Water is shallow in that exact spot. I have not fished it but have been there and looked at it from the bridge.

Because of what the pay lakes have caused pertaining to cats in the Ohio River, you will not find many IF any supporters of them here.

typer181 likes this.
  5. Chris cooper

Chris cooper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Chris cooper

6. Chris cooper

Chris cooper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Chris cooper
    Yea I’ve talked to a few guys on here that have the same outlook as I do. I u to mind them . But now there Soo over crowded, they rob you, it seems like it’s more for gambling then fishing. And you don’t get the thrill you get from catching a big cat in wild water. Also I want to teach my son how to hunt down big cats in wild water opposed to sitting in a lawn chair for 12 hrs waiting for a bite. It takes the hunt out of the equation. Not to mention the carp guys are taking over. There’s a couple of them that I think really do care about the fish and have rules and regulations in place to make sure that happens. But I can see both sides where it does start to deplete the river systems, specifically the trophy fish that get taken out of their habitat and thrown in a small pond.

typer181 likes this.
  7. Chris cooper

Chris cooper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Chris cooper
    Do you know of any deeper holes that are accessible from the bank whiting 10 or soo miles of that access site?

8. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Get on Google earth Chris, you can search for spots on the white river. People put a lot of time and work in locating bank fishing spots, and for that reason don't like to share specific locations. But hey, that's part of the chase!

9. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Chris, I am almost always in a boat so I don't know much as far as bank spots that are good. Generally if you find a ramp there will be enough room for bank fishing. That doesn't necessarily mean it is a great spot but it is access.

10. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Guys,
    There's less than a 50/50 chance that I'll be at Rocky Point this year but to give you all something to dream about, this is one I had from there at a previous get together.

Rocky Point 62-5.jpg

62 and change.

...W

11. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Looks like you filled him full of marshmallows Winston. Nice fish.

Now exactly where were you fishing when you caught him?????

Sure hope you can make it. You don't get to fish that often but you can work anytime.

tight lines.

12. metalman

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Tom,
    About 1800 feet from the Rocky Point dock. The real secret is... in which direction!!!

...W

13. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Haha, thanks Winston. Was you fishing in the water?

haha. Great picture.

14. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Ah Winston, a man with such sage advice :) I remember a quote you once made about specific fishing spots, "They are fish, and they swim around, just because you caught a fish there one day doesn't necessarily mean they will be there another day".
    Thanks for the daydream material W!

15. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indianapolis, In
    Name:
    Kyle Corley
    Sounds to me like 3600' of drifting lol

typer181 and twaskom like this.
  16. pikeintheboat

pikeintheboat Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    South Central Indiana
    Name:
    Matt
    W-

Nice one. Those shorts are awesome, too! :)

Matt

typer181 likes this.
  17. Ed Dutton

Ed Dutton Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Edward Dutton
    Hi guys . I'll be there . I haven't been out fishing yet . My work schedule has been hectic . Between Caterpillar and finishing my back porch . I'm ready to be back on the Ohio . 20200523_121151.jpg 20200526_183710.jpg

18. twaskom

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Hi Ed. Nice work.

I am the same way. Been holding up here at the house.

19. Jbuck

Jbuck Well-Known Member

State:
    il
    Name:
    Jay
    Looking good.

20. metalman

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Lol,
    That's me Matt, a fishing and fashion icon!!!

...W