The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

401 - 406 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
You could walk across the East Fork today. Can't even tell which way the river flows.
What area of the white river do you go on? Just curious I fish the ef fairly regularly granted for smallmouths more often than I do cats, but just wondering figure we probably aren't too far apart. Last week I went out after work and one of the riffles I could barely get across even with the jet. River is super low indeed.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
What area of the white river do you go on? Just curious I fish the ef fairly regularly granted for smallmouths more often than I do cats, but just wondering figure we probably aren't too far apart. Last week I went out after work and one of the riffles I could barely get across even with the jet. River is super low indeed.
I fish between Williams and Hindostan.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Early on the wife and I had planned on heading over for the weekend was looking forward to meeting some other members, especially Tom, but with our local schools implementing some strange attendance guidelines we became the grandkids baby sitters by default so all I can say is "maybe next year". Glad everyone reporting a good time but wish you guys would of had a little better water as far as level and current.

·
Premium Member
Eric from Traders Point, Indiana USA
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Alright guys, this will probably be one of the final posts for the thread. Just wanted to share a picture of the freshly refurbished boat launch at New Amsterdam. Even though fishing was a bit tough there this year, I feel it is a good place to return to for our 2021 gathering. Having the nice clean porta potty was well worth the money (thanks again Tom).
I've searched and searched for another spot to camp on the river somewhere on the Cannelton pool and I haven't had any luck. I say, if it ain't broke don't fix it, and New Amsterdam has been a good place for our group. Plus we have a great relationship with the owner.
What do you guys think, fall 2021 in New Amsterdam?
IMG_0557.jpeg

401 - 406 of 406 Posts