The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

341 - 360 of 406 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Lakemaster is Humminbird’s map and charting chip.
https://www.humminbird.com/learn/mapping/lakemaster
Similar to navionics but to my knowledge it’s not mobile like navionics It’s only on a chip you insert in the fish finder. That said my navionics doesn’t show much in that area. The lakemaster plus chip is very detailed there. At least at Leavenworth area...

·
Registered
Aaron......Indiana
24 Posts
Long time no see guys. I used to post on here regularly, but have been absent for over 4 1/2 years. My username used to be AaronS, but I couldn’t remember my old password and my original email no longer exists, so I had to create a new account. Tom, you may remember me as we used to talk.

Anyway, when I got to n here yesterday for the first time in years and read that you all would be gathering at Rocky Point, I got excited because I live just up the road from there. Imagine how I felt when I saw that the plan had changed, although I completely understand. I won’t be able to make it this weekend but I’ll be there in spirit. Good luck to all and be safe.

·
Registered
Aaron......Indiana
24 Posts
Have you guys ever looked into Horseshoe Bend RV Campground in Leavenworth for the gathering? The only thing I know about it is that it exists. Their website looks like they may not offer tent camping, so it may not work for everyone. Just an idea for the future. For those interested in cabin rentals, I know Magnet was mentioned earlier in the thread. I live a few miles downstream from there and my town of Derby offers a ton of cabins also.

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,127 Posts
Welcome back Aaron.
Horseshoe was considered but they don’t want any tents. Magnet was also mentioned but didn’t check all the boxes. New Amsterdam is lacking a few luxury amenities but is quiet, private and cheap!
My wife and I have stayed in Derby many times in at least five different cabins. That’s a nice little town and a great stretch of river.

...W

·
Premium Member
Eric from Traders Point, Indiana USA
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
I'll post a recap of the gathering later this evening so we can all be on the same page.
Good news, the porta potty was just delivered to the campground :)

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I was down there a few weeks ago and used the trolling motor to drift .5 down river if that tells you anything haha
Just a light wind had me drifting the wrong way some of the time.
We haven’t had much rain so I would imagine it will still be slow.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
Current will be almost non existent. Wind looks light so hopefully the drift sock won't be necessary. Make sure your batteries are charged!

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
All of the campsites have power, so getting a charge won't be a problem.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
Last recap on the gathering.

The Indiana Gathering 2020 is being held this weekend at They're Bitin' Campground in New Amsterdam, Indiana. If you need a campsite or RV spot, please call Kathy (Campground Owner) directly at 812-732-4935. Make sure to tell her you are with the Catfish Club. If she does not answer leave a message on her voice mail. Please note that her voice mail is a very basic electronic voice and does not say anything about the Campground.

We have agreed to rent a porta-potty, so we don't have to use the "earthy" outhouse that is the only facility on the property. The cost of the rental is $130 and everyone attending is encouraged to contribute their portion of the rental cost. The unit was delivered this afternoon and is eagerly awaiting our arrival, lol!

There is a Big Fish pot for anyone in our group that is interested. The cost to enter is $5. All proceeds will go to the fisherman who catches the biggest fish from 12 noon on Friday, September 25 to 12 noon on Sunday, September 27. Fish must be a channel, blue or flathead. Starting this Friday at 9am, you can text me if you want enter and I will text you back a picture of a playing card I have randomly drawn. My cell is Three17 FourNiner0 82Seventeen. I will eventually give you half of this card, but if you get down there before me and catch a fish, hold the pic on your phone up with the fish and scale to verify. PLEASE KEEP In MIND that cell reception is very bad in New Amsterdam, so contact me before you get there or you risk catching a fish without your playing card verification. There is decent cell reception on the river in front of Leavenworth.

On Saturday afternoon at 4pm, I will be grilling hamburgers for everyone who wants one at the camp shelter overlooking the river. I got a brand new grill in the box, wanted to make things all clean as possible for everyone and my old weber was looking less than appetizing to cook on. Jon is bringing a bunch of individual bags of chips. Bring your own beverage of choice. After we eat there will be a free raffle for all fishermen in our group. There have been some really nice donations!

A BIG THANKS to everyone who has donated!! Here's the breakdown: Tom, 4 groups of 10, 8oz no roll sinkers ---- Kelly, Whisker Seeker Bait knife and Big Bertha floats, Spool of Berkely Big Game 50# line, Brand New Pyle Marine Stereo Receiver with Speakers ----- Maurice, Spool of 80# braid ---- Dan, Demon Dragons ---- Chris, Monster River Anchor ---- Kyle, 50 Gallon Live Bait Tank

341 - 360 of 406 Posts