The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

321 - 340 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,127 Posts
Philip,
Sincere condolences for your loss. This year has been hard on so many.
No apology necessary; family has to come first.

...W

·
Premium Member
Eric from Traders Point, Indiana USA
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
Very sorry for you and your family Philip. Let's hope 2021 is a better year.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #323 (Edited)
Here's a revised attendance list for the Gathering:

1. Chris (cadyman)
2. Kelly (WhiskerSeeker7) - Boat
3. Terry (Kelly's fishing partner)
4. Maurice (Mr. Catfish) - Boat
5. Eric Radez (typer181)
6. Dan (Jesus Saves) - Boat
7. Jon (Trophy Flathead Hunter) - Boat
8. Kyle (kyleco55)
9. Tom (Twaskom)? - Boat
10. Ed Dutton - Boat
11. Stacee (eastforker)
12. Ryan Radez (LilRyjoe04)

There is plenty of room still!! Please post if you're going to join us or have questions!

The free raffle on Saturday has enough donations that everyone coming should win something.

Now if we could do something about the rain...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Are we still pitching in to help cover the cost of the porta john? Just so I know to bring cash.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
Yes Kelly, that's the plan.
Looks like it will be about $10 per person.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
We should be down by 3pm on Friday, and will hit the water asap. Cell reception is next to zero at the campground. Once you get up by Leavenworth cell service comes back.
So if you want to get in the big fish pool, please text me before you get to New Amsterdam, or once you've motored up to Leavenworth.
We will know a more specific time and I'll be sure to post that. Ideally I'd like to see as many of you as possible when I get there so I can give you your actual playing card.
By the way, my brother got home last night safe and sound. He wanted to fish tonight so we hit my parent's lake. I managed to hook into one of three blue cats in there. He was 9lbs when we put him in 10 years ago, weighed in tonight at 22lbs. Looked fat and healthy. Great night on the lake to celebrate my bros safe return home.

·
Registered
Chris from Indiana
98 Posts
Eric that’s great news man! Glad to hear your brother is back and you guys got on a good blue, I bet that was some much needed quality family time! I’d like to leave early morning on Friday so I should already be down there if everything goes to plan.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Eric,
We will likely be down there pretty early Friday. Trying to look thru back posts... looks like Brandenburg is the best nearby option for ramps?

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
Dan, there is a launch at the campground in New Amsterdam. It's not the prettiest launch, but as long as the river hasn't been up recently (which it hasn't) I've never had any issues. However, you can launch at Brandenburg, and we will most likely launch there on Saturday and fish that stretch. Just don't ask me to show you where Tom's secret flathead spot is lol!
See you soon!!

·
Administrator
10,464 Posts
Brandenburg is a good option. Being a park there is some security patrols.

Keep in mind that there are also a few restrooms on the back side of the concession stand.

If you are going to Brandenburg ramp for the first time, look at a map and plan you way. There are some turns to get there.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
If there’s a launch at the campground I’ll try that 1st. My little bass boat doesn’t need a lot of depth to start swimming...
Tom already told us where his spot was - it’s the log by the rock so it should be easy to find haha
I didn’t make it up river last trip as far as we will be this time but I have a goggle spot that looks worth investigating.
Surprisingly the lakemaster chip was very detailed and accurate in the Leavenworth area. I assume it will be here as well...

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #339
Does Lakemaster show the old dam structure by Leavenworth?

·
Registered
94 Posts
hope you guys have fun, I won't be at the camp as I've already said. If this happens next year I will make sure and plan on it. I won't be too far from cannelton lock and dam, gonna be with the wife and some friends near bristow IN. I was going to bring my boat so I could fish saturday morning. If someone wanted to I could meet up at a ramp to fish the first part of saturday. Been on here for a little while would be good to actually meet some of you. If anyone is going down earlier friday I'm actually off and could bring my boat fish friday then go meet up with the wife.

321 - 340 of 406 Posts