Indiana flathead catfish on the feed

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by river scum, Jun 1, 2006.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    finally had all things come together tonight. temps are up good and we got a small down poor. i hit one of my best creek mouths and scored some nice fish. all fish but two came on live gills fished just off shore on slip rigs. caught 21 flats from this spot in about 2 hours,missed 4. run down=s 2 in the 30s 7 in the 20s 4 teenagers and the rest under 10. i would still be there but i ran out of bait.hehe had 5 fish small enough to keep,4-6#ers. if your reading this and live in indiana get on it,they are full of ripe eggs and as big as they will be this season!

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Tim that is awesome brother, congrats on the catches.

3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    Will flatheads congregate near creek mouths? I know of a creek with lots of baitfish in it...hmm. There are also a few large boulders around the mouth and a few log jams in the area.

4. bkhollan

bkhollan New Member

State:
    Washington, Ind
    Sounds like a good night.. I also live in Indiana if you live in southern Indiana maybe we could go out sometime and try our luck.

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    well brandon i do go to brown co. few times a year. ill drop you a line next time i get down that way man.

6. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    21 flats in two hours. :eek:oooh: My God man, that is awesome. I've had days where I can't catch 21 decent sized bluegills for bait in two hours. Keep it up. And next time, bring some more bait. :lol:

7. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Now thats a GOOD night

8. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    What a great night!!!!! Twenty one flats in two hours is an average of a fish every 5.71 minutes. Now that is some quick action. Good sized fish too. Congratulations on that awsom night.

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    justin, yes they will invade a creek after a good rain. other than that they are scattered all over the river.

nights like that happen just a couple of times a summer. year bofore last was a wet one around here and we had severall nights like that and better. 40 gills and ran out in 4 hours. we even started cutting them the last hour or so. thats why i cant stress enough about the creeks after a rain. we just picked up a fish here and there before we got on this pattern. when they are on a good feed doubles are real comon and three rods a piece cant be fished.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    that sounds great, glad to see you got on them