Indiana catfishing.

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by BIGCAT DADDY 71, Jun 11, 2006.

1. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey indiana brothers, haven't seen alot of post here on the 3 indiana posts, with bro's getting in the cats or a big cat, everyone been busy and not getting out or the catfishing bad right now. i know the rivers have been crazy with the rain, i haven't launched my boat in a river myself yet. i've only had one great trip with alot of action, and no big cats so far for me. 15# blue is my biggest this season so far. whats the cats up too? i know in the past few years i've did alot better then i have so far this year. is it just me, the weather or what?

2. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    My brother has been fishing the Eagle Creek reservoir and catching channels left and right. I caught a ten pound blue. That's my biggest so far. Good Luck Fishin guys!!

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yes they are on the pre spawn feed,scott. check members fishing reports.

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Haen"t had any to brag about lately.

5. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Fished Tucker Lake up near Paoli in a tourney this past Saturday. I didn't catch a thing but there were several nice fish caught by others. Going to try Deam Lake Sunday.

6. Eric-t

Eric-t New Member

State:
    Salem, Indiana
    I've fished the Ohio river the last two saturdays. Fish are biting pretty good.
    We had a #25 and #15 Blue. Caught all on cut bait.

7. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    cats are hitting good there right now. one thing i'll share is the bigger crappie are moving in bank and hitting. 223smitty and i were there 6-13-06 and we hooked into a few big sized crappie, on minnows. if you been up there ,you know you can catch all the little crappie you want this time of year and freeze and use for cut bait.

8. sassyfish

sassyfish New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Does anyone know by chance when the next Indiana gathering is? I live close to Lebanon. Thanks

9. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    so when is the spawn expected to be over, i think soon but i am wonderin what everyone else thinks

10. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Heck, I thought it just started???

11. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Cats that I have been catching in non spawn zones have been all scared up and scratched. Telling me these fish have spawned and moved out. All blues and channels. I have caught 2 flatties in areas that would be a typical spawning areas. So the flatties are problably on.

12. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Going to Oil Creek today and jugging all night. anyone ever fish Oil Creek? It's somewhere near Alton. We go up there every year around the fourth. I haven't been in two years. The last time I went I heard something in the woods that scared the crap out of me. Finally got my nerve to go back.

13. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Is that nerve called smith&wesson?!?! lol

14. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went to Mississinewa Caught 2 Channel and a flattie on Mon. night the channels were around 3 and 6# and the flat was around 10#. Kept the channels for supper on the 4th and released the flathead for spawn. Going back for a flathead/canoe excursion this weekend hopefully we will see more fish with the begining of the full moon this weekend. Anyone fish the Mississinewa,Salamonie, Wabash area down to Peru? Let me know.
    Good Luck Fishing Guys.

15. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks Baitfish. I would really like to get down that way to do some fishing. Missisenewa is about 45min. away from where I live in warsaw. How far are you from there. Maybe I could come visit sometime.

16. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Fullstringer welcome aboard . Nice fish for the area .

17. fullstringer

fullstringer Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went again Fri night caught one flathead right at dark and as I was netting him I had another clicker go off. I picked up that rod set the hook and fought that fish to the bank about 6ft out and lost him. I had a bunch of good runs that whole night until about 6:00 sat morning but I couldn't hook up with anything. The fish I caught was about 5# and I think the lost fish was a little smaller. What do you guys think is the best hook for fishing with gills for reels with clickers and how long do you let them run before you set the hook.