Indiana bait favorite.

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by clintonhawg1, Mar 6, 2007.

1. clintonhawg1

clintonhawg1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    What are all you indiana guys favorite bait of choice for flats and channels. I like that real cheese for channels. And bluegill for flats .Give me some ideas from all the great hoosiers on this site and any one else .

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    WELL I USE LIVE GILLS AND GOLD FISH FOR FLATS AND CHANNELS

3. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Shad and Skipjack for all three! I just use different presentations for them. channels-shad fillet, Flatheads-live shad, blues-cut shad of skipjack. Although i use chubs and bluegill alot too. I am a shad man

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Cured Liver, cutbait, and shiners. Got some good soundin bait recipes off here I'm gonna try this spring. The oilyer and stinkyer the better.:cool2:

5. bank bouncer

bank bouncer New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    Not much info for flats, but for channels small to mid size its hard to beat shrimp, bigger ones would say cut fresh shad.

6. catfish_hooker

catfish_hooker New Member

State:
    indiana
    I like to use Corn. Chicken livers are good too, especially if you get a little hungry while your out on the water..........ummmmmmmmm.

7. olecatnip

olecatnip New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Come on guys, leeches are the best.

8. HoGhEaD

HoGhEaD New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have to agree olecatnip,,leeches are awesome!!!!!!

9. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    creek cubs,bluegills,goldfish,bullheads,shiners i think that about does it for my flathead live baits

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    shad, skipjack, chubs are the stinkiest and best baitfish. danny kings punch bait is the best dip bait i'v tried(among many). shrimp and liver will do in a pinch. only gills for flats ,because they are redily available.

11. bluesclues

bluesclues New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I love to use live crawdads. They are only good if you sane:0a22: them first. Gills are a plus, but in a pinch I love the good old night crawler.

12. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Live bluegill, shad guts and cut sucker are my top three baits of choice.

13. Wooly

Wooly New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Bill for the insight. But I won't use it against you in a contest:roll_eyes: .

Wooly

14. phatkat

phatkat New Member

State:
    central indiana
    Had some luck with cut creek chubs.

15. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    Easy SkiMax using live shad is illegal in Indiana, but I know that you knew that so I am sure you only use them in another state. Not causing trouble just passing info.

16. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    channels helgrimites flatheads liv goggleyes live hornyhead creek chubs all youl ever need.the bigger the better.

17. dusky

dusky Member

State:
    indiana
    bullheads and bluegills for flathead. shad for channel cat. i'm gonna give shrimp a try.

18. Hillbilly Joe

Hillbilly Joe New Member

State:
    indiana
    I caught some good size cats on Hotdogs and garlic powder.Never tried it before until I went to Oklahoma and they were pulling them in left and right with it.

19. arja4444

arja4444 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Sean. For channels, I've mostly used live minnows, nite-crawlers, chicken livers, and stink bait. For Blues & Flatties mostly live shad/gills and fresh cut bait. I always throw at least one pole with a gob of nite-crawlers on. I have caught a few on gold fish also. The bigger the better. But they're a bit expensive for the bigger sizes. This year I plan to stick pretty much to live and fresh cut bait. I do want to try some DK Punch bait tho. Heard good things about it for channels.

20. drcatfish14

drcatfish14 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Try tods chum,if he ever gets a recipe.