Indian lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by katkiller77, Dec 31, 2008.

1. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    I am a river fisherman but very curious anyone has done well on Indian lake for both channels and flatheads there rick

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I havnt fished it in a long time but when I used to as a kid (using worms and hotdogs:crazy:) I used to catch them all of the time (channels). I have seen some pretty big ones pulled out of there by Russels Point.

3. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I have caught several channels at indian.My best was just over 8#.My buddy has caught many over 10# with his best around 13#.There are some large fish,Just have to find them.

4. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Well rick, gary and mark said it all!!!

5. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    whose your buddy sounds like we need to fish with him

6. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    rick I talked to my uncle the other day he lives at russels point and he said its good for channels arond the spill way. But he hasnt herd of any flatheads

7. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Ill let you know when i find out.lol

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lol.i think indian will be on my list of lakes to visit this year.

9. sgt_132

sgt_132 New Member

State:
    N-W Ohio
    I have my camper at Bishops Cove, I have never caught a flat head at Indian Lake, I have talked to a couple guy's that did last year. They were small 2or 3 pounds. I have done my best cat fishing back in the channels using chubs and gills.

Scott J, Stant
    Pandora, Ohio

10. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I havent fished Indian Lake since i was smaller, but I heard that it is more of a channel cat lake rather than a flathead lake....flatheads being on the smaller side and not as prevelant as somebody already stated.

11. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    when i lived in logan co i fished indian lake a lot got a few BIG channel cats 12 plus pounds and lotta small flatties 5lbs and under ya just have to know what to use and where is all but a decent cat lake if i may say so

12. buckskinhunter

buckskinhunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I can remember when I was a kid, in the summers if it rained all day, there were creek feeds where we couldnt keep two poles in the water at one time. All channels, I havent seen anywhere like that in a long time. Im guessing 15-20 yrs ago. Damn just realized Im gettin old. Moundwood or Long Island was always good.