Indian Lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by skunkedagain, Jul 10, 2006.

1. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Wondering If Anyone Has Been Doing Any Good.also Any Locations.only Catching 1 Per Trip In 4 Hrs.need Tips And Locations All Would Be Appreciated.

2. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    ive fished indian lake for channels alot and what seems to work for me is to bring lots of baits and move every 45 minuets. somtetimes you might only catch them on one thing so bring everything! also in some places you want to use a slip bobber and keep your bait just a little off the botttom. alot of places in that lake the bottom is just nasty muck and your bait will sink down in that and the cats wont find it. just remember move ALOT and you will find active fish!

3. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have fished Indian Lake a few times for channels. The best spot I have come across is where the water comes into the lake around Moundwood. There is a 13 foot hole out there. That has produced the biggest channels. When we go out there though, we mostly just drift a lot of the humps where the saugeye fisherman troll. I usually only catch 2-3 pounders drifting though.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Off of Russels point is pretty good also, there used to be cabins that you could rent on OConners landing. If you go all the way to the point there is a channel within easy casting distance. I dont know if it is still there tho.

5. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    theres a bridge that usealy does pretty good

6. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    ive been fishing indian lake alot.catfishing is slow try using shad over by lucy's pond. there are some stumps over there that they feed around good luck!

7. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    What times I fished it we went back into the reserve and fished the channels, take plenty of bug spray as the skitters were thick but the cats made up for it, that is one busy lake and at night they like to drive around with no lights on and anchor with no lights on, have fished the channels over along Blackhawk and around the dam area or spillway I should call it, I think the bridge that borntocatfish is in reference to is called Rainbow bridge and I think it's near Shawnee Island, I know at night if you don't have GPS it is very easy to get lost on that lake.................Doc

8. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    have you had any better luck at indian lake . i might try to get oever there this weekend