Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Doubtful, but always possible. Most of the time you hear of someone catching a blue in an Ohio Lake it is most likely a big channel. The blue cat range do not extend north of the Ohio naturally. Thanks to the efforts of West Virginia, they have been stocked farther north on the Ohio the last few years. But anything is possible.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have fished Indian lake for many years since I was around 5.I have seen Flatheads and many large Channels but not any blues that I can recall.About 12-14 yrs ago the OLD owner of the lake probably did buy blues from someone at some point.He offered to buy the flatheads that I caught in the river.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I have fished Indian lake for many years since I was around 5.I have seen Flatheads and many large Channels but not any blues that I can recall.About 12-14 yrs ago the OLD owner of the lake probably did buy blues from someone at some point.He offered to buy the flatheads that I caught in the river.
Are you referring to Indian Lake West Virginia or Ohio.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I talked with Fisheries Management personell for the Ohio Div. of Wildlife a few weeks back and he told there hadn't been any Blues stocked in any inland lakes in Ohio .... But it was under consideration for the future ... which could mean one year or twenty from now .... Garry-

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
indian lake ceasar creek clending and grand lake st marys would be ideal for blues alot of water on them for the blues. i always wondering in the north and south dakota they get blues of the Missouri river that far north why the blue cats never surfaced in the great miami, scioto or the muskigum river watershed. just food for thought rick:smile2:

·
Registered
71 Posts
fished indian lake since i was 5 . 28 now this is only the second year that i have not been able to fish there .since right now i'm sittin in kuwait and will be here for about 10 more months. wish i could be back home fishin with some of you fellas . hope to be back in aug for the big fish tourney but not sure if i'll be able to pull that one off .:sad2:good luck this season fellas .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.