indian lake blues?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ohio catfisherman, Mar 10, 2008.

1. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ive heard rummers that there are blue cats in indian lake does anybody no if its true and if it is how did they get in there are they stocked?

2. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Haven't fished indian lake, got a few nice eating size channels ones out of grand lake st mary though.

The big ones always elude me, (I tell myself they are scared:tounge_out:)

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    :smile2:Indian lake a friend went up there did not catch blue but got a shovelhead around 20lb there with several large channel catfish. not blues i heard of there but a good chance for a shovelheads though rick

4. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    there is always a possibility there are a couple but i have seen pictures of "Blue cats" out of there and they were channels that were identified wrong. Alot of people don't know the difference..

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Doubtful, but always possible. Most of the time you hear of someone catching a blue in an Ohio Lake it is most likely a big channel. The blue cat range do not extend north of the Ohio naturally. Thanks to the efforts of West Virginia, they have been stocked farther north on the Ohio the last few years. But anything is possible.

6. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I have fished Indian lake for many years since I was around 5.I have seen Flatheads and many large Channels but not any blues that I can recall.About 12-14 yrs ago the OLD owner of the lake probably did buy blues from someone at some point.He offered to buy the flatheads that I caught in the river.

7. hawk

hawk New Member

State:
    kenton ohio
    there very well could be but like every one else has said its mostly channels and shovel heads there a few good spots out off of pew island if you wanna try it back in the mound wood area

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Are you referring to Indian Lake West Virginia or Ohio.

9. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc:cool2:

10. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    nice flathead:wink:

11. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I talked with Fisheries Management personell for the Ohio Div. of Wildlife a few weeks back and he told there hadn't been any Blues stocked in any inland lakes in Ohio .... But it was under consideration for the future ... which could mean one year or twenty from now .... Garry-

12. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I am refering to the one in WV my bad fellas didnt realize there was 1 in Ohio :)

Now I know ....

13. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    indian lake ceasar creek clending and grand lake st marys would be ideal for blues alot of water on them for the blues. i always wondering in the north and south dakota they get blues of the Missouri river that far north why the blue cats never surfaced in the great miami, scioto or the muskigum river watershed. just food for thought rick:smile2:

14. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ive heard from numerous people that they are in indian lake and i have also heard of blues in alum creek

15. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Might be possible, but most likely chanels mistakenly called blues.

16. hawk

hawk New Member

State:
    kenton ohio
    fished indian lake since i was 5 . 28 now this is only the second year that i have not been able to fish there .since right now i'm sittin in kuwait and will be here for about 10 more months. wish i could be back home fishin with some of you fellas . hope to be back in aug for the big fish tourney but not sure if i'll be able to pull that one off .:sad2:good luck this season fellas .

17. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    thanks for your service hawk,it is greatly appreciated.

18. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the info blues are fun catching

19. Light

Light New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know theres a bunch of chanels and some small bullheads in there....never know of any flatties or blues tho....same thing for grand lake st marys.....

20. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    It is difficult to believe that there is blues in such a location, however anything is possible.