Indian Creek

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KC Jayhawk 78, Apr 13, 2009.

1. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Sorry to mislead guys, but everytime we start a Chiefs thread of any kind , they move it to Special Topics forum. Which I dont agree with, because its not a special topic, its a Chiefs thread. Im sure most of the rest of the BOC doesnt care about the Chiefs. Most of the people that do care are Kansas and Missouri guys. So I had to disguise the thread title a little. :wink: Anyway, thought Id share this with the fellas, if you havent already seen it. Hopefully we can keep this between us:wink:, and keep this going as our Chiefs thread. Indian Creek isnt a mainstream fishery, so I didnt think you all would mind. After all, Chiefs/Indian , kinda the same isnt it? So here it is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4062170

2. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I dont know much about the guy but his stats look good.

Wonder when they are going to get rid of LJ. I was hoping they would get something decent in trading him but it doesnt sound like he is worth too much.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:
    You a sly little devil Keith.

4. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    im the reason there aint now indians left:smile2: jkjk im jsut being stupid as usual

5. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I was wondering what the heck you were going to say about Indian Creek?! LOL

Zach Thomas is a pretty darn good LB. Sure sounds like the Chiefs are trying to build a defense like they had in the 90's. :cool2:

6. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    is that the little creek that runs by the jiffy lube on state line rd in leawood ??

7. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I sure hope they take Either Curry from Wakeforest or Crabtree From Texas Tech.

8. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    I'm just hoping that Zach Thomas doesn't have any more problems with migraines and missing games because of it. He missed a lot of games because of them after that wreck. Not to mention he's getting older. By the way has anyone seen that ridiculous chiefs commercial. It looks like something I could have made myself using my computer. Well at least that means they are spending money in other places than advertising lol.

9. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Yep. Plum full of carp and little channel cats.

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    There you go JJ...right up your alley..:smile2:

11. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Just heard on the news that there is a possiblility of trading Tony G. for a second round draft pick.:confused2: I think it was the falcons that were wanting him.

12. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Yeah I just seen it on Espn.com and it was the Matt Ryan of the Falcons that wants him. Espn.com calls it a rumor. If I was an insider I could read the artical.

13. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Keith good job on keeping it on the DL. :cool2:

14. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2008/3007/pdf/fs2008-3007.pdf

"During 2005–06, about 10 percent of the time, all during the winter (November–February), chloride concentrations in Indian and Mill Creeks were elevated as a result of runoff from road-salt application. Generally, the chloride concentration from March 2004 through 2006 at the Indian Creek monitoring site was about four times the median at the Kill Creek site, a nonurban
    site that was not affected by road salt. Two chloride
    runoff occurrences in January–February 2005 accounted for
    19 percent of the total chloride load in Indian Creek in 2005. The effect of accumulated road salt on ground water and base flow is unknown."

15. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
  16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Wow...i didn't think they were going to do that..That SUCKS!

17. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    What is with the chiefs trading key players for draft picks?

18. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Said day in KC, no more Tony G!!!

19. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I still can't believe Tony is gone! Wow this sucks BIG TIME!! :sad2::sad2::sad2:

20. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

Tony G. was a real special guy. Last season when he wanted to be traded and he wasn't, he didn't pout or play bad. He gave it 100% every play, and fought hard for every yard. He was a team leader and he knew the young guys where watching him. Guys like tony are only going to come along for the chiefs once in every 5-10 years. I dont think trading him for a draft pick does him and his legacy justice.

It was the same with Jared Allen last year. Our defense was weak so we let the #1 guy on D go, for a draft pick???? Now I know Allen had some "off the field" problems, and problems with upper management, but letting him go doesn't make good business sense.

Does anyone know of all the starters on the 2008 chiefs team, how many were drafted by the chiefs?