Independence, KS - Tordado 03.30.06

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, Mar 31, 2006.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Just want to check and make sure all brothers in the area of Independence, KS are ok.

Several other "possible" tornados in Kansas as well, let us know that you all are ok!!

2. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    I Haven't Heard Too Much. Elk City Reservoir Was Hit Hard And Its Parks Were Destroyed. My Brother In Law Is A Police Officer There. He Was Called Out Last Night To Help Out There. I Will Find Out More Later Today. I Got Some Pics Of The Tornado And Some Of Its Damage.

Attached Files:

3. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    Some More Tornado Pics

Attached Files:

4. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    The Last Of My Pics

Attached Files:

5. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Awesome photo's Dave.I used to chase those thing's until 2003 when one of those was about 1/4 mi. from my house so I dont chase 'em anymore.

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    very nice images, glad YOU made it through it safe and sound!

7. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Yeow! Hate to see one of those things coming after me or worse yet toward me. Good pics.

8. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Very nice pictures. I love storms, I will sit outside and watch them until I get rained on big time and where I work I'm lucky in the sense that I can be inside or outside when I want so when a storm comes in I climb the brick piles that are about 20' high and sit up there and watch the storms until the rain starts heavy. I know about lightning, I've had it hit very, very close several times but just can't help it, I have to be out in it. I would love to see a tornado, now I don't want it to do any damage or hurt anyone or anything but I just want to see one going across an empty field and then pick up. I can't even imagine the force and power that it must posses. I watch the weather channel all the time in the spring as it airs the tornado series and I'm glued to the set.
    Hope everyone in Kansas is OK and I will say a prayer for all those who were injured or lost possessions as I wish no harm on anyone in a storm.

9. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great pics Dave. Glad to see your ok. Hope all of our brothers and sisters are alright.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm absouletely terrified of tornados. I think it has to do w/ living on the border of Xenia. They had the world famous one in '76 or '77 then another big one around 7-8 years ago.