Independence Day Smackdown: Red, White and Blues!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Sunbird, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    RED is the color of my sunburn! OUCH!!:embarassed::eek:oooh:
    White was the color of my skin prior to the sunburn.
    Blues Those are the fish caught during an outing to Lake Moultrie Early this morning. My brother Matthew and I met fellow BOC members Jim and Nick on the water for a evening trip of fishing. We found and marked some good fish but the bite was slow. Around 5am the Smackdown was in full effect. Between 5am and 2pm we caught 10 fish at or over 40 lbs. We had approximatly 30 fish in all. Smallest was an 8lb. Channel. Most were around 20 pounds. We lost two absolute HOGS! Had one break the reel free from the reel seat and chaos ensued! We had trouble keep all 6 rods in the water for several hours. We were drifting various cutbaits in 8' to 40' in the southwest corner of Moultrie. I think they prefered the Gizzard Shad but when it ran out they ate Bream, Threadfin, 'Green Carp", Silver Carp, Perch and a piece of a candy bar that fell in the floor during a Smackdown. We kept one bigun and several in the teen range for table fare. It was so much fun.......I'm goin back tomorrow to do it again!!!:wink:
    Enjoy the pics!!!:eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I here ya my Smackatolla brother! Great catch my friend. Awesome!!!!:wink:

3. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    They were everywhere!
    Looky! They're in my livewell!!!:eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Jon - a most excellent smackdown :smile2:

5. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

HAHA:smile2:, look to be a great day fishing, even if your sun burn:eek:oooh:

6. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Wow. I'd love to have a trip like that!

7. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    save some to I get back up there lol:big_smile:

8. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Now thats a SMACKDOWN!!!!!!:big_smile:

9. fearless58

fearless58 New Member

State:
    ga
    sounds like a real good time . save some for seed. i want to come back again

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    AWESOME trip, SB!!

BB in SC

11. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Now that's what I call a smackdown on some fat cats:smile2::smile2:

12. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    awesome catch man!!! SMACKDOWN--So how did Nick and Jim do????? hehehehe:cool2:

13. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    A few more pics!:roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

14. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Man, what a day. I can't even think of a smart butt response to throw at ya. I went to Monty the other night and only picked up 11, the biggest at 20lbs, and thought it was a good night. 10 over 40 lbs. I can't imagine. Heck, I ain't that many biggins' in 51 years! Way to go brother!

God Bless All,
    Steve

15. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Wow! that sounds like the trip that i wanted when i went camping down there a few weeks ago.:smile2: It never happen. Now you got me wanting to go back. Great job guys...................be sure to leave some

16. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    A most excellent smackdown!!!! A very memorable trip you had. Dont use up all your mojo on one trip.:tounge_out:
    Its a good thing that aSunbird is immune to the sunburn-If not just rub some slime on it!

17. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    What Smackdown???? Every fish we caught was over 40!!.................. centimeters.:big_smile:Oh you meant pounds,funny Tommy, Richie, Jim and I were sitting there at breakfast bemoaning the fact that nobody was catching any good size fish.Fished with ..er a famous guide, I was gonna say his name but maybe better if I dont,:smile2::crazy:Richie,Fishinchick,and we caught a couple of channels.The previous nights debauchery probably had something to do with it hehehehehe.So SW corner, well that explains alot as us really smart Santee fishermen were all up to the north.You owe us buddy,because all those fish saw all that expertise and plumb skeddadled south of the channel markers.Cant say as I blame them!!! Great weekend with really good weather except the wind tended to die in the middle of the day.Hope everyone had a pleasant and safe 4th.:big_smile::smile2:

18. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Very nice job guys. Makes me wish I stayed past 2am.

19. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Ive had slow days myself, better luck next time:eek:oooh: Seriously, thats puttin a whoopin on em, congrats.:big_smile:

20. SC Backwoods Baitman

SC Backwoods Baitman New Member

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    Nice job on the Smack a roo ski!!