Incredible Sonar Breakthrough

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by jim, Apr 1, 2008.

1. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Lawrance has announced a huge new break through in fish finding technology.The OK based company declares that this new technology will render all current fish finder/sonars obsolete.Capitalizing on recent research conducted by the U.S Navy to help Navy sonar equiped ships determine when fish and mammals are to close to their powerful sonars for safety,the company says the asymetricaly programed rapid illuminating lobular sonars will actually identify fish by category.The fast oscillating omnidirectional lobes use ultra low frequencies of enormous power to penetrate the fish or mammal.The unit then compares the returns to its' database of fish densities to provide an accurate determination of what type of fish it is.The Navy concentrated on saltwater species so the company spent 5 years developing a freashwater database to compliment the Navy data base.Instead of fish symbols as in the past the new units will determine the type of fish being displayed with 90% accuracy.In the case of scaled fish they will indicate by size and category ie "sunfish" instead of bluegill or crappie.For more information see the companies website.The new units are expected to be released later this year.

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Ive allways said if they could just develope one to identify diff. species the rest would become obsolete. Thanks for the news Jim. Wonder if we can hook a side finder to it. :wink:

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Since I couldn't find anything about this on the Lowrance site, I'm left to wonder if it's a coincidence that this is being announced on April 1?

4. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am sure that technology will continue to progress with time, like everything else! I still dont know how to use the humminbird 787 to its fullest!:eek:oooh:

5. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Another press release in Lawrences featuers offered omnidirectional location species identifier and tracking! Sportsmen will now not only have the ability to identify, but also track identified fish. Using Global Positioning Service technology, fish will now be able to be followed. No more guessing where they are, now you can stalk them!

T.

6. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I guess it also has a 25 watt spaker that will call them from a 100 yards away also? the added microwave option will steam or poach your fish and the optional bait checker will let you know when they have stolen your bait. I;m gona wait to next years model comes out, it plays girls gone wild when you hit the anchor release button.:big_smile:

7. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    That Jim is a crafty one! I think I will go back and start looking closer at all his posts! No telling what he might really be saying.
    Send me all your money! Send me all your money! Send me all your money! Send me all your money! Send me all your money! Send me all your money!

Perhaps this post will help a few of you that are still scratching your noggins.

T.

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    That It,I'm heading to the garage and build me one of them Fish Finders.But I will be building it out of My cell phone that way after I locate them Catfish they can call Me up and tell Me what they want for Lunch.Now Top that one Lawrance!!! I'll be taking Orders Shortly Fellas.I think I'll call it J.Ds Tellie Fish locater.And with the demise of the old anilog T.Vs I'll be putting a 32in. Color screen on them Bad Boys.Remember You heard it FIRST right here on the BOC Folks,Gotta go now and get Started.Later J.D.

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I guess you guys are to smart to put one over on so I'll fess up.The Asymetricaly Programmed Rapid Illuminating Lobular Fast Oscillating Omnidirectional Lobes was a figment of my fertile imagination!!!Thats the bad news the good is its only a few years away.The Navy can pretty much do it now by computer assessing of sonar returns.I was there for the introduction of the LOWRANCE green Box and quite frankly at the time there was much debate as to whether it was sporting to use it.I never really consider any of these machines as fish finders.All I want it to do is have it tell me what the bottom structure looks like and show me bait.My Mark One human computer can do the calculations from there.I actually had this all made up for three years but I'm usually in Colo skiing by April 1st so couldn't use it.Hope everybody had a good laugh and if you went to the LAWRANCE website you owe me rep!!!!:wink::smile2::big_smile:Had to be careful I didnt get sued by the real company :crazy::smile2:Troy sorry buddy but you Missou guys are going to continue to have to use your heads ,painful as that might be to catch those 90 lb fish HAHAHAHHA.I'll be chasing Snow Bunnies in the 100-110 lb range for the next 10 days starting on the 4th ,dreaming up my next great invention,while I ride the lifts.:big_smile:Tony you were just to quick!! If you hadnt spelled it out we might have been able to Pre sell a few of those new units and made some Money.:smile2::big_smile:

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Is it snow bunny season..??..:confused2: I've been looking for sugar bears....:eek:oooh:

11. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Website? Now you tell me. Heck, I drove 40 miles over there to look for it: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Overland+Park+KS/Lawrence+KS/

:0a28:

Enjoy the snow bunnies Jim!