inconsideration....!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by rcbbracing, Jul 25, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Okay im not trying to vent at all but i do take my fishing seriously. :angry:
    If i get ran out of a fishing spot one more time im going to freak. Im sick of ppl yelling, being beligerant drunk, ppl shinning lights into the water, campfires, loud radios, shouting, kids throwing stuff into the water, and so on and so forth. How can we better educate these ppl that they are the reason they arent catching as many fish as they should without making ourselves look like pricks in the process?

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont know whats going on this year, but this stuff is all over the place and getting worse by the day.

I dont know what the answer is.

Just look at all the post on the boc about people saying this same thing...they are ruining our sport with there bad behavior, and with the taking out of the big fish.

I think it's just society as a whole, lot more idiots, drunks, and trashy people on our waters.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Been seeing it get worse year after year after year around here. Maybe they are just spreading your direction..LOL.. If you remember, when I joined this site.. Many and possibly still do think im an a-hole for some of my antics. etc. towards how I go about catfishing. I still don't care, and things have made me the way I am! Many things are causing the problems today, that weren't present 15 or 20 years ago. Yes, the same techniques were used then as of now! But... Catfishing has defineltly jumped on the popularity chart for fish pursued. And, with a weak economy most people can't afford to go camping at the campgrounds, or vacation out of state. They are spending their time close to home. Traveling to new locations, and spending their weekends with family and friends on public waterways. This is why all bank-spots are full around here on the weekends by usually 5 oclock in the evening. Now, for the avid local catfisherman, we deal with more people on the water! That means more eyes! Whether from people on the bank or boat, people aren't dumb! And, if they have an interest in what you may be doing, they are gonna watch. Once you give them a reason, by catching a fish or missing a few, it draws more interest to them. Then they have their buddies, who have a few more buddies... Now you went done caught a few fish, only to let who knows how many people you caught a fish or two.. Hell, they werent even there! LMAO! Get the drift folks? Now, its evolving from going fishing, spending a night camping, to wanting to catfish. Watch, See, Learn, Pursue! Which is fine, I have no problem with the sport growing! It shows catfish are getting the recognition they deserved for along time, other than being "trash fish". However, lack of knowledge, respect not only towards the sport of catfishing, but towards the " resource as in the waterways" itself are now causing problems! And back to the economy.... Now, we have places that will buy what we catch! WOW! An added incentive!!!! :wink: rollo

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    There ain't no educatin the vast majority of the human race. "PEOPLE SUCK" I'm sick of hearin that we have to teach people what thier dead arse mothers and fathers should have taught them. We need to break the chain and I got a plan. :wink:

5. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You can cure ignorance with education, but there aint no cure for stupidity. Sorry bro, it's probably a lost cause.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    It's certainly the generation that likes to have everything their way. Most likely drug abuser/loosers. The sorry thing with some of these people out there have kids with them an teach the the bad manners they got raised with. I truely believe it's alot to do with up bring.

7. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    Hey Dave I feel your pain and it drives me LOCO too. Sniper and I drove over an hour one night to fish and just as we got settled in some folks showed up and started lighting fire works about 30 feet from us, then they came and asked if it was ok if they could fire off some more. Its like what do you say if you say hell no we might get to the car with 4 flat tires because they didn't get their way. Thats the night you drove to Marietta. Anyway I dont think there is a decent solution the serious fishermen seem to be the minority out there at night.

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, I hope this ends with the coming of August. I haven't heard more bitchin and complaining in my life and I'm married and had a whole bunch of girl friends! I get my hair cut in a beauty saloon and haven't whitness this much grumbling since Elvis died. I wont start a new thread, but do you know what gripes me the most? People complaining about things that they cant do anything about....:crazy::eek:oooh::tounge_out:..................:smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. MOCatdaddy

MOCatdaddy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats the truth brother! And its just gonna get worse. They wanna strike where people try to get out and have a good time trash it up and make us look stupid. :confused2:

10. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    While I do agree that those sort of actions are annoying and irritating, I found the perfect way to escape them. A boat. :)

I realize that people can also test my/your patience on the water, but it's a lot less likely to happen.

You can try to educate all you want, but if they don't understand it with just common sense, there isn't much you are going to be able to do that will get it to sink in. Some people are tools and there is no changing them. Aside from some possible physical interaction. Even then, and if you come out on top, that person will just be worse when they get back on their feet. Its a no win situation.

11. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    i know what ur saying,i think like a few already sead on here its all about there up bringing,plus there stupidity of not braking the chain,if i dont have my wife or kids with me, i stare hard at them and let them see me do it, and dont back down,but at the same time dont yell any thing to them, do it for 20 min s they should get the hint,and they mite feel so uncomfortable by you doing this that they will leve. there s only been 3 times that it did nt turn out like sead above,one time about 40 mins in to me stareing at them 2 shoots rang out,well lets just say i was done fishing for the day so i left in a Hurry. lets just hope it gets better, and not worst .

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Just start singing quietly but loud enough to be heard "it puts the lotion on the skin..." over and over while sharpening a knife, Im sure they will leave soon enough :eek:oooh:

13. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i used to carry a few m-100's in the tackle box for those occasions, usually dropped them off as we were leaving, it was dead quite for a few minutes ill gurantee you that :wink: just dropped em close enough to give em a scare and a ringing in their ears, never close enough to do any real harm, except maybe some racing stripes in there shorts lol

14. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Or people complaining about people who complain about things. Which i guess means that i'm guilty of complaining about people who complain about people who complain. :crazy:

15. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I wasnt trying to piss and moan...i asked a serious question about what we all can do to further educate these people about proper catfishing techniques. I agree with most when they say stupidity cant be cured BUT whats it hurt to try? I was just hopeing someone on here would have a groundbreaking idea that might help us all...not just B**ch about something i cant do anything about...Just wanted to further explain my purpose....:big_smile: