Inconsiderate people

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by smitty1963, Jul 5, 2008.

1. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Please excuse me but I have to vent,,,,
    Today I went to my favorite fishing area expecting to enjoy my time on the river which is actually off the main river and where I fish is an inlet away from the main traffic area. Anyway I had my lines set and was patiently waiting for mr. whiskers to bite when out of nowhere comes a couple of jet skis traveling at a high rate of speed and really disturbing the fish and being in general a pain in the rear end. Rather than getting mad and shouting some unpleasent things I decided that diplomacy would be a better course of action so I went to where they were gathering as a starting point and asked them if they would mind slowing it down a bit when they passed thru the inlet area where myself and other fishermen where trying to enjoy our time on the water, well they promised they would so I thanked them and started back to my poles feeling like I had accomplished something. Not long after I got back and settled back down to fishing here they come again at top speed this time they went out of thier way to get as close to our lines as they could and this time they snagged one of my lines and drug my pole in the water along with two other anglers poles, at this point I could feel my anger starting to swell up because the longer I looked for my rig the madder I got, I never did find it although on a positive note I was able to find the other two gents poles!!!!!!
    There I was soaked head to toe and feeling like I had wasted my time trying to reason with those butt heads like adults well I sat there on the bank for a good long while in order to cool off before confronting those jerk offs about arranging some kind of repayment fo my lost rig. I thought about getting the law involved but realized it would have ended up a case of my word against thiers because the two other anglers were so upset they just packed up thier stuff and left so I had no support!!!
    I made my mind up that no one was going to mess up a perfectly good day of fishing so I packed up my gear and went to an area that doesnt allow personal water craft anyway I ended up catching a mess of eating sized blues and channels. Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

2. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Sorry to hear about that smitty, it's sad that some people have no consideration at all for other people. Hopefully your fishing line gets caught up in there jetski causing damage and costing them money, althought I'm sure that is just wishful thinking on my part.

3. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    no problem have had the same happen to me before but instead of jet skies it was people trying to catch bait but i understand what you went thrue and when ever you need to vent feel free to do so:wink:

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those types of people are everywhere, especially on a holiday weekend..Before long it will be september and we will start to see there numbers dwindle.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ken,I don't think I would have been quite as civil as you,reps to ya for that,I may have been chunkin 5 oz bank sinkers in thier direction:wink:

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    A slingshot and heavy sinkers will make a dent in the problem. :wink:

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    YOU ARE A NICER PERSON THAN ME I THINK A BIG SINKER AND A SHOT AT THEAM WITH A TREBL HOOK WOULD HAVE MADE ME FEEL BETER

8. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I'll have to agree with you, some 8 oz. no rolls, whether they hit you or not, may make you decide to quit screwing around where I am fishing. My fishing partner and I discussed buying some paintball guns and keep them on the boat so that when the B-ass people went by at mach 42.5 driving right over our hole and within 3 foot of our boat, we could start to popping, but we decided fishing is better than being in jail. Kudos to you Ken for keeping your head, not killing anyone, and catching cats - that's what it's about brother!

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Pyramid sinkers work much better.:wink:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i think ide been waiting at the ramp. walk soft and carry a BIG stick.:angry:

i am thinking of a flare gun. be a good investment when theose fools try and follow me and jump my wakes. im sure a 3rd degree burn to the solar plexus would get them scooting out of the area.

i stop and tell them there #1 with one finger. then wait till the moron gets the hint and moves on. then i continue. im not letting those idiots hit my boat and then sue me.

a couple of flares flying by is my next step. they get a brain or a burn. its there choice. first is a warning. secong im aiming carefully.:wink:

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Someone would be replacing a pole if i could corner them. I seen several people act as fools be it ski's, boats or just some person on the bank.You likely did the right thing, as i usually don't.:crazy:

12. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I know those jet skis are fun and all, but I hate when they don't respect others.... and sorry mom's and dad's of kids that ride I HATE when you turn that child loose on one. some are so young they don't even realize that they are creaeting problems for others with the waves. :/ Just me though.

13. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    First, like a gentleman, you were the bigger man and left it alone and moved and were rewarded with a mess of fish. Obviously still a little hot about it and rightfully so. The second way to handle this is to call on that old bass plug bait in the bottom of the tackle box. You know the one, rusty trebles and weighs about 4 ounces. Now if this was thrown, while fishing of course, across the path of that speeding jet ski, what would happen if the reel was locked and the line had no where to go. Man what an accident. It would be horrible. Don't want to think about it too much the carnage would exceed what most have had the displeasure of seeing in there lifetime. I have done this at Clarks Hill back in the day when I had more temper than temperance. Well we all grow up eventually. Enjoy the reward of that mess of fish you caught, and let it go man. You did the right thing.

14. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I started a Post on Bait for Jetskiers, personally I am not the catch and release type on Jet Skiers. I prefer a Spoonbill Snagging set up, large large treble hooks with a 4-5 oz sinker.

But those fellows went beyond the call. I think I would have probably had to find their vehicle and traded took some of those tires off the jet ski trailer to replace my lost pole.......

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    IMO nice guys finish last. you asked nice. and they did ya wrong. you have more of a brain than me. after being polite i resort to revenge. just the way my sick brain works. in an easy guy to get along with in most situations. ones like these i can be like a leach. i wont let go.:cool2:

i would probably did double the damage to there equiptment as the worth of my pole. just the way i work. its dog eat dog. it aint like it used to be. to many thugs and disrespectful folks out there. going back to 3 flat tires might heve made them think next time. it aint right. but your out and there drunk and laughing at ya.:angry:

rrrruuuggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!I BETTER LET THIS TOPIC GO.:wink: