In what week do the 72 dolphins get to celebrate

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Ketch, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Ok, when does the last undefeated team go down.

GB went down to a not so good Chicago tonight.

Dallas is 4-0 and plays tomorrow night.
    Indy and NE are both 5-0.

Who is the last one standing, and what week do they fall.

2. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I dont think im sticking my neck out on this one but i would say the Patriots .If they get by Indy on nov 4th I would have to say by dec 9th when they play the steelers they will already have home field advantage in the playoffs locked up and have a bit of a let down and the steelers beat them.But thats if they beat Indy.

3. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    How many games did the Dolphins play that year?

4. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    The dolphins were 17-0 counting the playoffs that year. The season was only 14 games long then, so they had a 14-0 regular season record.

I think Indy will beat the Pats in week 9.

5. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    There we go Ketch! The Colts are going to take it to the Pats! The Colts whole offense was hurt yesterday against the fifth ranked defense in the NFL and the back up running back still for 120 yards and 2 td's.:smile2: Bring on the Pats we'll be healthy then!!! Go Colts!!!!!!!!:crazy:

6. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Id like to see the colts beat the pats also but i wouldnt bet on it.Good to see your fans fired up behind your team though.

7. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I am not even a colts fan honestly. I am a Tony Dungy fan, ever since he was here in MN. And I like Peyton for the image he portrays to the youth of America, but Brady does that too...Mainly a Dungy fan and a fan of good football.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Dec. 9th New England goes down to the Black & Gold! Here We Go Steelers!!! :cool2:

9. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Many analysts are saying that the Tom Brady led NE offense is with the off season moves...perhaps...the best ever fielded in the history of the NFL.

I know alot of people dislike NE in here...but giving credit where it obviously is due...NE or perhaps Indy look as if they will be the teams to beat in the AFC.

If the Colts don't stop them...and Pitt doesn't...who's gonna do it if they don't rest their players at the end of the season when they clinch homefield advantage.

I thought Dallas would do better...NE made it look relatively easy to shred the Cowboys D.

10. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I still think the 98 Vikings are the best offensive team to ever take the field. But obviously I am a little biased...:wink:

Hmmmm, they only say this about NE once Randy gets there.....

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Ok, I'm confused. I thought it was supposed to be 72 virgins. I bet those 9/11 terrorists are really upset at getting stuck with a bunch of dolphins!

12. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Absolutely! But you have to take into account that Indy will get their first loss in two weeks to the Panthers. So neither has a chance at the undefeated season this year :smile2:'

Jon

13. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I'm glad that you support your Panthers, but come on now, David Carr or Vinny against a tough Colts defense? The Panthers defense can't even touch the Colts offense. I love Steve Smith and he is one of the best wide receivers in the NFL, but he's the only weapon they got. Peyton has the best cast of wide receivers, tightends, and a great catching running back in Addai. Every one of our players are going to be healthy this Monday for Jacksonville. We will bring it to the Pats hard core, their win over Dallas.....Weak! The AFC has got a ton load more talent than the NFC. Colts or the Pats will win Super Bowl 42 baby!

14. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    you might have a point. But a man can dream can't he?:wink:

15. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    The way the Pats are playing no one can stop them, not even the allmighty Colts. Ryan??? the pats win over Dallas Was weak?????? WTF you been drinking again?

16. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I can agree with the Colts or the Pats winning the AFC championship...and perhaps even the Super Bowl...but the Pats shellacking of the Cowboys didn't seem very weak to me!

17. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    WOW!!!! Where's Phil at???

Bet that hurt to say!! LMAO :smile2:

18. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Brad, give me a break seriously. You'll see November fourth! Dallas' secondary is pitiful, did you see how wide open the Pats receivers were? Bob Sanders will lay a whalop knocker on Randy Moss and give him a little wake up call. The Colts D held Tampa Bay to 17 yards rushing on 14 attempts.. Funny thing about that, we had sive starting defensive players that didn't play. :roll_eyes: Addai's back up running back got 129 yards and two touchdowns on the Bucs which had the #5 defense in the NFL. Oh yah, and we all know how the Colts offense with the most admired quarterback in the NFL handles business! November fourth check in here and so I can laugh.

Oh yah, and about the Cowboys in the Numnuts Football Confrence, when is the last time an NFC team has won the Super Bowl? Oh yah and who have the Cowboys played? Nough Said.:wink:

19. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    First things first...the Pats are NOT Tampa!!

I realize that you are VERY loyal to your Colts team...and that is admirable....However...Randy Moss finally has a REAL quarterback to throw the deep ball to him again...and he is poised to post a career year...which has been an illustrious one when a QB can deliver the deep ball to him.

As far as Manning being the most admired QB in the league...that is a debatable statement.

Like it or not...Tom Brady still has more hardware on his fingers than Peyton does...and his comeback this year is VERY impressive to me...and I'm certain that I do not stand alone on this.

Tom means business this time around....not to say that Peyton is still not a premier top 2 player at his position...I would have ZERO problem with Tom Brady being on my team.

Keep in mind...the Pats are making this happen without their #1...and now#2 running backs...and when you get down to it... their running game is by popular definition a series of short passes.

Double team Moss...and crafty little Wes Welker or speedy Donte Stallworth will make the offending team pay in a big way...although the loss of Watson will be felt inside the red zone where he has been on fire thus far this season.

No team is unbeatable in the AFC...even by teams originating from inside the "numnuts" conference....any given Sunday could very well be that dreaded first defeat of the season.

Best wishes for the Colts for the remainder of the season...but to discount the Pats...or any NFL team for that matter is a HUGE mistake to make when playing at the skill level that exists for these guys.

Brian

20. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I don't think this is the first time that Randy Moss has had a QB willing to go deep to him. Don't forget his 98 season with Randall Cunningham when he was part of the highest scoring offense in the history of the NFL when the Vikings averaged almost 35 points a game. Also, it has been proven time and again that if you really want to ruffle Moss, you gotta play him very physical in the beginning of the game. It has worked in the past and will work again.

As for Dallas, I don't think they are in the nearly the same class as the colts or pats. Hell, They almost let my Vikes win today and my QB has a 42 passer rating. :crazy: