in times of crisis

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Jul 23, 2006.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    as most of us know the storms that tore through hundreds of
    commuunities throught the midwest left quite possibly over a million or more households without power.
    some of these for days at a time with more days to go before the power will be restored.
    personally my household dodged another bullet and we had one large limb
    from a neighbors tree over in my yard thankfully hitting nothing but the ground and was cut up and disposed of easily .my dads house as well as a couple inlaws have no power and a coworker hasnt had power since wednesday and is paying about 50 bux a day to run a generator.
    i asked him why he dont just take some food loss and bring what he can and he can stay with us or his sister .
    he said he is afraid to leave his house because of the nightly pillageing!!!!
    he says every nite the scanner is nonstop reports of burglary and looting
    this is about 15 miles from our house.
    on a lighter but as disturbing note a arab owned gas station 10 miles away
    the day of the storm raised his gas price up 25 cents and ice was double
    no telling what else he doubled or marked up batteries etc.
    i think this is a lowlife thing to do .
    opposite of this there were some stations that lost power and were giveing there thawing ice away free along with water .
    a fortells pizzeria without power took all their dough to another fortells with power and cooked up 300 pizzas and gave 1 free per car to anyone without power that was a pretty comendable thing to do i thought.
    wish we had a fortells close to us as i would give them some business.
    i would like to see a boycott on the greedy gas station owner that took advantage of people in a bad situation.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I couldn' agree more Darryl!!! Personally I think that an investigation should be started and when they proove what he did, let him do some time in that prison over in cuba, LOL!! Then hang him!!!!

3. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    It's one thing, when a guy "makes a buck" 'cause that's what all salesmen do, but taking advantage of and cheating needy people in a bad situation is...is...(can't think of a word bad enough without being put in high intensity...) Anyways, you get the picture. One thing's for sure, if I lived there, I wouldn't be a customer of that gas station as long as he was the owner of it... And best of wishes to you and everyone in your neighborhood, DRC.

-Red

4. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    Stuff like that can come back to bite him in the arse. Nah, I doubt anyone in the area will even remember it a month from now. If someone did that in my neighborhood, I guarantee I would drive 50 miles to keep from doing business there in the future.

Reminds me of when I was in the business and got a gas delivery. I complained to the driver that they were charging me more wholesale than my competitors were selling theirs for at the pump. He just laughed and said "It took a jump in price today". Well, the driver laid a candy bar on the counter and I rung it up and said "That will be $75.00". He said "What the Hell?". I said "The price of candy took a jump just this morning". Then I gave him the candy free just to show him what a nice guy I was.

5. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Get the local news involved there should be plenty around

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    While the actions of that one individual are truly despicable (he will eventually get what is coming to him through the cosmic power of the world), the important thing to keep in mind that you and your loved ones are safe.

7. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Report the Arab for profiteering, then get the word out to that community to boycott his store. If you have the right to protect your property in your state, hang around, and make life miserable for the looters with some birdshot, and a good semiauto 12 guage. Use an open choke and , just pepper em' good at a distance in the arse.

The folks that were adversely affected by these storms are in our prayers. Jack.