In this time of Thanksgiving, take a moment...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, Nov 17, 2006.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    In this time of Thanksgiving, I would like everyone to take a moment and share with their brothers and sisters of the BOC what they are thankful for. With the recent passing of our brother Tinboat, I believe this opening of our hearts will help bring us closer together.

I'll even start.

I am thankful for my wife and kids
    I am thankful for my job
    I am thankful for the military protecting us
    I am thankful for this site.
    I am thankful for the friends that I have made here
    I am thankful for each breath of air that I breathe

2. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Tony, I'll say the same thing, except it's husband and kids. Also I'm thankful that the Lord gave me patience to get through everything that's happened this year, without losing my temper or my mind.

3. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I am thankful for today because it is another day I get to spend with the my family and friends (BOC)

4. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I am thankful for what everyone mentioned but mostly my wife. With me loosing my job because of medical reason she has been there for me. We almost lost our house etc. and the stress was very high. We never fought and she kept telling me things will work out. She was right of course.
    Bill

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am Thankful First and formost that I am a Christian! Then I am thankful for my family and I am thankful that I belong to THE finest internet site in the world! It is the only one I know of that is truly safe and made up of extemely fine people!:big_smile:

6. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I thank Christ for dying on the cross. I'm thankful for my wife, kids, family, and friends. Thankful for my country, veterans, and police officers. Thankful for everything I've done, doing, and can do.

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks for this chance to share our grattitudes aloud brother.
    1. I am thankful for my wife. She's my best friend in life and a blessing from God.
    2. I am thankful for my kids. They make everyday much better, no matter what kind of day I have had at work. I am blessed to be a father.
    3. I am thankful for my mother. She lovingly raised two knuckle head boys on her own and somehow taught us a thing or two about how to be good men.
    4. I am thankful for my family's health and the health of all my friends wherever you may be.

there's so much more too be thankful for but I would be here all day!:big_smile:
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Could be a long list so I will some it up for me.

I'm thankful for each day of my life and for those who are a part of it.

9. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I am Thankful for so many things, I could not post them all.

There are things in my life that I am so grateful for because GOD paved the way for me.

Without GOD my life would be living without Joy and peace and love.

Thank GOD for sending his Son down to earth so WE could have Eternal life.

Thanks to Jesus for saving my soul,

Thanks for such a wonderful wife,

Thanks for great friends and Family.

Thanks to Paul for the Boc, a place for all of us to enjoy.

Thanks to everyone I have met, for being such a good friend to me....

10. mskittyfish

mskittyfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    There are so many things that God has given me that I have to be thankful for. I am thankful for my kids, my friends, my job, my dog Zena, and all the other good things in life that I enjoy like the sound of leaves rustling beneath my feet, the sound of children laughing, the smile of an old person who is thankful for the attention you give them, the sound of water, the warmth of the sun, the smell of homemade bread and the heartbeat of someone special. I could go on and on, but one of the things I am so very thankful for is the life experiences that God has given me...and yes, these include the hardships that I have endured...as they have made me who I am. I am grateful for the insight that has been given to me, and to know that life is a journey far away ...then back home...to our Father. Knowing this, I can forget about wasting time trying to figure things out and spend my time helping others less fortunate or having greater needs than my own.

11. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i am thankful for my friends my parents my dog and especially the great outdoors that i could not live without. thankyou lord for everything you have given me!

12. riverwiskers

riverwiskers New Member

State:
    kelly nc
    Three years ago I was diagnosed with a rare tissue disorder pseudoxanthoma elasticum (PXE). It effects different parts of the body but more commonly the eyes. Doctors told me I will eventually go blind (legally), could be today could be ten years from now. There are procedures to try to prolong the blindness and I am currently having laser treatments when every time a problem occurs. My sight in one eye has been as bad as 20/200 which is legally blind, but with the laser treatments it is back to 20/40 now. Knowing that one day I may not be able to see makes me thankful for my vision.

When I wake in the mornings, see the time on the clock, turn and see my wife beside me, peep into my little girls room and see her sleeping peacefully, I am thankful for my sight.
    Get dressed, go out to work, see the trees, the animals, the sky and all the things God has created for us to enjoy, I am thankful for my sight.
    On the way to work, see the nice homes and buildings, cool cars, bridges, parks and all the things man has created for us to enjoy. I am thankful for my sight.
    Get to work see my friends, and my boss (guess he's a friend too. lol), and even my paycheck.
    Even thankful in a way for the bad things I see, because it reminds of how good I have it.
    Get back home to my beautiful family, watch a cartoon with my daughter, spend some time with my wife. Go back to bed and say "Thank you God for my sight, one more day please!"

Dont take things for granted. Be thankful for all things.

Dale

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Im thankfull for all that God has provided for me a wonderful family great wife great children a beautiful grand-daughter and my father-in-law who is my special fishin buddy [my dad was only into football and stuff like that]
    and all you fine people here on the boc

14. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Dale,

What a wonderful post brother. Sounds like GOD has blessed you, and he's still blessing you and your Family. Your post has really touched my heart strings brother, and I want to thank you for sharing a part of your life with us..

May GOD keep you and your's in his almighty hands....

15. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I am very thankful for the gifts in my life. If it weren't for my wonderful husband Cntryboy (Newton) I would not have known of this wonderful site that is now my Brothers and Sisters. I am thankful for my children. My step-daughter. My job, friends and the ones who put thier life on the line for our freedom. And being able to wake up everyday, to be here for my family and friends. And I am gratful to have a wonderful Husband.
    Thanks for starting this thread.