In the ZONE!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by copycat, Jul 25, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I read a lot of threads about how things go wrong while fishing, and no matter what you do nothings working, lines get tangled, lines break, a big fish gets the best of you.

How about when everything goes better than you planned and you feel like your in a fishing TV show and everything comes together, all your hard work and preperation pays off and it's like you can do no wrong! Ever have one of these days where you catch big fish after big fish until your exhausted? I guess it's called being in the ZONE! Have you had a fishing trip like this? Lets here about it!

2. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    I've never had a catfishing trip like that yet but have had quite a few ocean and bass fishing trips like that. Love those days!!

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    It was your great catch today that made me think of posting this thread brother!

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Guess you got to go through a little hell to get to heaven. LOL

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

yeah I love the days when you barely have time to bait the hooks and can only use 2-3 poles and have to leave those out to do anything else. I have had a few days like that crappie, bass and saltwater fishing and came close with catfish

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yeah, I love the days when I catch a ton of fish.............Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Let me rephrase this, I WOULD love the day that I FINIALLY catch a TON of fish!!!!!!!

7. The only time I thought nothing could go wrong with my day was when I was back home in Auburn Nebraska absolutely slaying bluegill and sunfish. I think I caught abotu 50 of the things. Wish I knew how to clean them back them I would have had me a feast. But then again I have been fishing with TA2D and we didnt catch anything but a lot of mosquito bites and maybe a few twigs.... I think we had more of those days than we care to admit.

8. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I've never been in the 'zone' with big fish but I have with eaters, up to 5 pounds or so. We have a place on the Arkansas River that is a little over 1/2 mile that we drift and I remember one morning we were culling fish before we had finished the first trip down it. There were 3 of us in the boat and we had a blast that day. We were anchored on a scour hole another time and they were biting so fast that we had the bottom of boat covered with fish because we wouldn't take the time to put them in the ice chest. When we finally put them in the ice chest we had to throw some back because the ice chest was full and the lid wouldn't close, there was 3 of us that day too. Days like those helps the skunk not smell so bad.

ST

9. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Just about every time I go out it's like that! I expect it to be and am prepared for it! Thats the whole game and why I do it and why I have thousands of dollars invested in the sport/hobby/lifestyle! The days I don't catch fish one after another, is just research and development, in prepreation of next time in the "Zone"!

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I've had quite a few days like that but they were all in the winter time. We caught 70 fish on December 31 of last year. We are allowed 7 poles per person and I couldnt keep all 7 out. I would have 2 or three out and the rest in the boat with fish still on or waiting to be re baited and thrown back out. Several times we would be reeling in a fish and another fish would take off so I'd have to hold the rod between my knees and set the hook on another one now thats some fun fishing. One trip in early January the wind was blowing out of the east pretty good and I located some Pelicans and other fish eaters up in a cove so I shut the motor off out a pretty good ways and let the wind blow us up in the cove. We anchored the boat and before we could get all of are poles baited and in the water we had an 18 and 2 12 pounders in the bottom of the boat. We had a lot of 60 + fish days this year but they were all early in the year.

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Ihave had the Good day and 0 days but never a bad day:big_smile: