in the process of buying abu 7000

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by eric2006, Oct 18, 2009.

1. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Im wanting one that will hold 50lb line or more. Is there any difference between the Abu 7000i and the other Abu 7000s??
    I think i seen where the 7000i line weight was 10# to 25# or or you guys running more on them???

2. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    you can use any test line you want. The only things is the higher you go, the less the reel holds. I run 30# mono and 65# braid on my 6500 reels.

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm running 40# Big Game on all my 7000ics'. I've never been spooled, and I've never been broke off.

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I run 50# mono on most of the ones I use.. It works for me.

As far as the models,, there's a bunch.. I believe the "i" designation, is regarding the Instant anti reverse "one way clutch bearing instead of the "dog" style anti reverse. some have both!!
    I have some of the Big Game HS High speed models, and they do a good job, geared a bit higher 5.3:1 compared to some that are 4.2:1
    I also use the 7000 iC3, and like those also..it comes with the carbon drags.
    The Big Game and iC3 models have spool bearings, and those work nicely.

Just check the specs of the models you're looking at, and be sure any particular model has the combination of features you're wanting.
    Post any other questions you may have...

5. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use #65 Power Pro on my 7000ics Pro Rocket. I holds plenty of line and also casts very nice.

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Same here, except Ive only been spooled once