In the news

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Nov 23, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    How come I am unable to use my reputation thingy? It is dead or disabled.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Its been changed but I've used mine this morning. May have just cut you off!:smile2:

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    When I click to give RP to someone. Most times it takes forever to come up before I can give it out. I guess its my slow dail up . I sometimes read another page, then it pops up while I'm clicking on something else and before I know it, I just gave out the RP without making sure my clicking didnt hit the - by accident. When that happens, I hope I didnt click on - RP . I never give out - RP so if I ever do, its a mistake on my part.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    John, looks like it's been revised, maybe they were working on it when you tried. Works ok for me.

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks Ole. I am back to. They had me worried there for awhile. Thought they were going to ship me to Siberia, or worse Alabama. It's like an egg factory around here ya gotta watch where you step. LOL.

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    beetle, now that's it's fix, why aint you handing everyone here some RP's.
    I guess you wont someone to make a good worth wild post before giving out RP.
    Always picky.:roll_eyes:

I'm be back after picking the egg out from between my toes and can think of something good to say. Until then, If you got dogs and I know you do, dont walk in the grass at night bear footed.:eek:oooh: Much worse than eggs. LOL. :smile2:

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    This is worse than those AAA meetings on Wednesday night. They cut me down to one rep a month. I got the delirium tremors already. I can't even find the right keys. I am going back to drinking. See ya next month when I can rep ya. John.

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I love the AAA meetings. After its over we all sit around in parking lot drinking beer and telling fish stories.
    It's like a tail gate party.

9. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I was just thinking it was great we don't have ta lick the stamps for those lil suckers and put em in the book....ya know a Zebco 202 for like a million reps.
    That was my job for mom when I was a kid. Licking the green stamps from the grocery for her and stacking the lil books up by the cookie jar. I'd run in, holler "Mom I'm hungry." She'd always tell me ta lick a few stamps "fat boy". I'm pretty sure I'd licked up at least one horse full of glue by the time I went in the service. I can remember breaking wind in my bib overalls, and it would smell like the post office.....
    :smile2:

10. Catwagon

Catwagon New Member

State:
    Justin, TX
    The rep point thing works great now.

Ah, I remember licking S&H green stamps for stuff mom needed like waffle irons, knitted toilet paper covers and other such items. But as I remember they never offered the really important stuff like Zebco 202's.

LOL, The post office phart thing was somewhat disturbing... :eek:oooh:

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ya mean I can quit licking the screen for reps.:eek:oooh:

12. Catwagon

Catwagon New Member

State:
    Justin, TX
    You probably have a mighty clean screen by now unless you've been drinking chocolate milk recently.

I tried licking my screen for points once and all I got for my effort was dust.

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    You kids, LOL!
    My wife and I never bought anything to go on the wall, all that stuff came from S&H Green stamps. And a bunch of other good stuff. Our only TV light was a horse from S&H and we still have it... somewhere. When I worked in the oil fields I would never gas up the logging truck at a station that didn't offer S&H stamps. Don't forget "double stamp" day on Wednesday. :wink:

14. Catwagon

Catwagon New Member

State:
    Justin, TX
    I have a quickie challenge;

The first person who can tell me what the S&H stood for I'll give some rep points.

No fair looking it up, old folks my age should already know!

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cat... that's and easy one for an old goat like myself. :smile2:

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I won't post it because I had to cheat...Never would have guessed it though!:smile2:

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I dont know so p/m me the answear or I am gonna have to try figure it out

18. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
  19. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    BOOTS THANK YOU VERY MUCH and you are gonna get repped...

20. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    OH forgot cause it is AMERICA........