In the news

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by toolmaan, Jun 14, 2009.

1. toolmaan

toolmaan New Member

State:
    Kansas
  2. duane kingsbury

duane kingsbury New Member

State:
    kansas
    kudos to the gentleman who released that great flatty:big_smile::big_smile: consider how old he was to get that big. a free trip around the lake to boot.

3. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    that was a good story & a fine looking flatcat

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I would of never guessed that Sante Fe had a fish that big? That was a nice haul. I noticed he was wearing a Team Catfish hat, lol. Thanks for shareing the story.

5. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I would have never guessed it either. I've only been out there once and that was several years ago. That little lake is like 5 min. from my house and all I can think of is why haven't I tried that place for flatheads, haha:smile2:. Isn't that lake a city of Augusta lake or something and you have to pay like $7 every time to go out there?

6. Mosquito Bait

Mosquito Bait New Member

State:
    Gardner, Kansas
    What a great story. Thanks for sharing Jeremy. Reminded me of "The Old Man and the Sea" with that big fish dragging his boat all over the place. I was glad to read that he released the fish in the end.

7. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ya, I think you gotta pay to get on SFL. Cant you almost wade across that thing? lol. Augusta city lake is way, WAY nicer than that mudhole. anyways I guess you never know till you try? Might be why its in there. Everyone probably thought it wasnt much of a fishing lake.

8. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    that was a good story,,, good to hear the cat was released