In the doghouse for making stinkbait...

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by Shinchan, May 30, 2007.

1. Shinchan

Shinchan New Member

State:
    HI but now WA
    Yep, what can go wrong will... Tried to make stink bait by blending some tuna bloodline and chicken liver in the wife's blender(inspired by the BOC forums , of course!)- burned that sucker out after about a minute(Mistake #1). Took the half-made bait and put it in a coffee can and put it outside in the backyard without covering it (Mistake #2) and went to Walmart to find replacement blender. Back home after buying a new blender, found small red paw prints all over backyard and picnic table with gazillion ants all over everything and my can of bait licked clean. Seems the neighborhood cats love pureed fish too...Started cleaning up mess and forgot to switch blender (Mistake #3). Wife came home, saw the burned up blender, the new blender, and the paw prints and I still haven't heard the end of it:crazy: The things I do to go catfishing...

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    lol... I had to check this thread to see whether you were mixin stinkbait in the bathtub or what!?!

Sorry for your troubles, Randy! I can relate to both you and your wife in this one... been there, done that, from both aspects. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that - with my husband in the picture - life here is like one big, long science experiment.

About that bait tho... you might want to try a small paddle (like the sort they use to mix drywall mud) on a drill motor, for mixing. And don't forget to stack some bricks on the lid once you've covered the stuff.

Thanks for the story :lol: and good luck!

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    :haha: This one ought to be in the jokes forum! This is almost too funny to be true!

4. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    Aw man, sounds like your luck runs about like mine.Ever try them yoyos?The rivers around here are still kinda high so I haven't been able to do very much fishing.But it wont be long.Oh yea, how long you grounded? lol

5. Shinchan

Shinchan New Member

State:
    HI but now WA
    I wanted to try them on my next trip but somethings telling me that all my fishing gear has been locked up...might have to check off a few things on the "honey-do" list first:roll_eyes: This could take a while....

6. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Outstanding post I haven't laughed that hard all morning. Just glad to see I'm not the only one that gets in trouble at home.

7. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    OMG.... you men just arent rite in the head...what is it some kinda glitch in the DNA or somethin??? i have laughed til i hurt this mornin..thanks Randy. maybe you should listen to the tips Hope was offerin...you may get out and stay outta the doghouse a lil sooner.

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Got my first good laugh of the day. Thanks for the story and good luck.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Randy it's good to know that I was not alone in making that same blender mistake. Believe me your not through paying yet. I decided it's cheeper and safer to buy commerical baits. Wishing you a full recovery.:roll_eyes::big_smile:

10. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    We all make mistakes that the women folk wont understand. No worries, she'll live. Next time get a cheap food processor. it wont burn up like a blender when working with drier ingredients.

p.s.

If you ever get a divorce, she will pull that one out of the hat to use against your state of mind.

11. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Been there, done that. I got into trouble for blending some livers in the blender. She made me go out and buy a new one. She said that it would never be the same again because it had fish bait in it. At least I got me a blender now for my fish bait.:lol:

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LOL, thanks for sharing. That is funny right there.

13. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi

na women developed the glitch in DNA when we evolved. they have the urge to blow all our money :-D just kidding. Don't feel bad i did the same thing except it was my mom hahah should of smelled the house.

14. CatfishJohn.612

CatfishJohn.612 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Been there, Done that! It took me 2 weeks of honey-do's and a new blender before she let me off the hook!

15. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    I pretty much killed a food processor doing the same thing when I started adding cornstarch into the mix to thicken it up. As far as being in the doghouse, it'll take a few weeks. I'd recommend some flowers to get the ball rolling...and to freshen the air.

16. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    An acquaintance of mine tried to mix some stink bait concoction which used yeast to set the bait. Sealed it into quart mason jars and set it on his back porch to cook. Yep, It exploded.... all over the walls, the ceiling, the floor. He had to remove everything off the porch and wash it down with bleach water, and still didn't remove all the odor. He was just lucky he wasn't married. LOL You'd think he learned from this experience. The following weekend he made up another batch of bait exactly as before with the same results. A rocket scientist not.