In the 30's compared to today

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Feb 24, 2007.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    DRC had a thread the other day about old postcards and I though this one was neat. It's about half mile from us so I took a picture near where the post card was painted for comparison.

There was a terrible car wreck on the near end of the bridge a few days back We were coming back from town and the traffic was delayed for hours. A 38 year old male, driving a 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT crossed the double stripe, and into the opposite lanes hitting head on with a 86 year old woman and her dog in a Ford Explorer. Both the lady and her dog were killed, the drunk wasn't hurt. Charges are pending, waiting on lab results. It had been reported early to the State Police that the Cadillac truck was driving erratically. The lady was Bill Clinton's cousin.

Attached Files:

• now.JPG
      now.JPG
      File size:
      57.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Sure has had growth since the postcard.........Thanks for the comparison and picture!

Sorry to hear the drunk took out one of our senior citizens.

Cheryl

3. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Why is it the drunk driver is never hurt and the innocent victim is usually killed. I know the lord works in mysterious ways but sometimes i have a few questions.............